CHOMP!!! (Read 1036 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Old 10K PR: 1:23:45 New 10K PR: 1:13:50 (chip time) Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Looks like I better practice up for May... ::ahem:: Ode to a Monkey I will run much faster yet you just wait and see! I'm working hard to lose this bet- The real winner is me! **** modified: got the official time already. Wow, that was fast!

Roads were made for journeys...

My dogs are fast, not me

Wow! That's a great improvement.

Robin

Way to go Wingz! Where did you get those wings???

Running in Belgium
        Ann

Wingz

Professional Noob

Way to go Wingz! Where did you get those wings???
          Big grin Training for my HM, I think!

WOOHOOOOOOO WTG!!! AWESOME improvement Janell!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks. Big grin I notice you keep changing your avatar pictures. You have a lot of pictures to be proud of. Smile

Congratulations! A 10-minute PR is huge! Can't wait to see what you do in May.
                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

You'll ruin your knees!

Old 10K PR: 1:23:45 New 10K PR: 1:13:50 (chip time) Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Looks like I better practice up for May... ::ahem:: Ode to a Monkey I will run much faster yet you just wait and see! I'm working hard to lose this bet- The real winner is me! **** modified: got the official time already. Wow, that was fast!
                  Awesome job, J-dawg! Did you have a clue (during the race) that you were running so well? Was it a total surprise? If you figured it out during, where were you in the race? Ripping almost 1 min/mile off your PR is INCREDIBLE! I hereby nominate Janell as the RA runner of the month! Can I get a second? Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Well I'll be the monkey's uncle! That is fantastic! Excellent job Janell!
                      Rarely do I resort to emoticons but.... Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Runners run

Finished!

Congratulations on the wondeful PR! that's superfantastic!! Big grin
                        Walk + Jog = wog.
                        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Awesome job, J-dawg! Did you have a clue (during the race) that you were running so well? Was it a total surprise? If you figured it out during, where were you in the race? Ripping almost 1 min/mile off your PR is INCREDIBLE!
                          I knew I'd run faster than the first time. The amount faster was a surprise. But I came in to the race really "on." Plus, I'd had a dream the night before that I'd run it somewhere around 1:05 (might have been 1:03) and it was so vivid that I was *convinced* I had already done it (actually almost forgot about going to the run, so sure was I that I'd already done it... Roll eyes ). It sure made my May goal seem a lot more reachable... after all, in a way, I've already run really close to it, lol! Having done it once before (sort-of), I feel a lot more confident that I can do it again (sort-of)... If that makes any sense. Confused If not, well, just disreagard... Blush

You'll ruin your knees!

Wingz - " I'd had a dream the night before that I'd run it <snip>somewhere around 1:05 (might have been 1:03) and it was so vivid that I was *convinced* I had already done it (actually almost forgot about going to the run, so sure was I that I'd already done it... Roll eyes )." Yeah, I do that all the time with my long training runs in the 105 degree Texas heat, then I wake up to the nightmare that I still have to go out and do it! Cry Dead Regarding running "really close to it", I kind of know what you mean. I have one race distance that my fastest time came in the first part of a longer race, so I know I have a lot of room on my official PR, I just have to sign up for the right race! Kind of like a 'gimmie in golf, ya know! Big grin You SHOULD be more confident! That is a good thing! Take care, I guess I know at least one person who will have sumfin' for the November brag box! Lynn B</snip>

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WOOT (put that in your pipe and smoke it, Gorilla Man! Wink )!!! That is MAJOR progress! WOW! I'm uber proud of you, girl! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Way to go! Seeing others improve (especially that much) is very motivating. 10 minutes is huge. May not have been as much as you had hoped but nonw you have somthing to strive for. Keep training hard and keep watching those times drop.
                                Run World, Run.