House Hunting sucks. (Read 638 times)

Jane

Rant alert.

I'm on my whirlwind house hunting trip and I found the perfect for me house, the rooms I spend the most time in are absolutely great, it's got some parts that aren't perfect but they can basically be fixed and it's less than 1/2 a miles to the HS track which is open 24/7 when there is no snow or competition but the seller is being a pain, now I'm questioning if my offer is too high even though his counter is higher.  Ugg, I hate this shit.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

chaquita73

Selling a house is 1,000,000 times worse.

Jane

Oh I agree.  It blows too.

bhearn

I've never had a lot of trouble selling, fortunately. We just bought a house in the SF Bay Area... we spent about 9 months looking. The place we finally got was the 6th one we offered on. It is brutal here.

Good luck.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yes. It is. Closing is in 15 days. Fingers crossed.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Sold my first and only house in 2001, haven't owned a home since then but have rented and utilized numerous temporary lodgings to live in.

I don't miss the nightmares of home maintenance or taxes as I still manage somehow to perform those duties. The biggest difference is that I lead a semi nomadic lifestyle and may stay in one region of the country about 3 years before bouncing to another.Biggest headaches are driver's licensing and vehicle registration schemes between all the states.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

House owning sucks.

(Well, except for the equity and the mortgage interest deduction for as long as that lasts, I suppose.)

Runners run

Jane

Off this morning to look at the house again before I decided to abandon or not.  I don't know which way I want it to go at this point.

Feeling the growl again

Sold my first and only house in 2001, haven't owned a home since then but have rented and utilized numerous temporary lodgings to live in.

I don't miss the nightmares of home maintenance or taxes as I still manage somehow to perform those duties. The biggest difference is that I lead a semi nomadic lifestyle and may stay in one region of the country about 3 years before bouncing to another.Biggest headaches are driver's licensing and vehicle registration schemes between all the states.

I don't miss the headaches of dealing with landlords.  But I do miss the time and money of someone else doing maintenance/lawnmowing.

For me the pleasure of making the house/property the way I want it and want my family to have it makes it more than worth it.  But if I were the nomadic/corporate climber moving every 2-3 years I would not bother with it, for sure.

But yeah, house hunting sucks.  I was happy is was relatively easy when we did it, but we got very lucky.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Tramps

Yeah, house hunting sucks.

House selling sucks worse.

Never having the financial resources to be able to buy a house sucks the most.

Keep it in perspective.

Be safe. Be kind.

Nasreddin Hoja

Surprised to see this.  My wife likes nearly nothing better than looking at property.  While it's true, it's all a PIA, I've found the property ladder, ultimately more rewarding than our jobs and business.

I think it's important to look at the fundamentals, if you think the price is high.  Have to make sure that round trip closing is in the value.  So you can jump in a few years to something better.  Make a profit and you'll be addicted.

Jane

Surprised to see this.  My wife likes nearly nothing better than looking at property.  While it's true, it's all a PIA, I've found the property ladder, ultimately more rewarding than our jobs and business.

I think it's important to look at the fundamentals, if you think the price is high.  Have to make sure that round trip closing is in the value.  So you can jump in a few years to something better.  Make a profit and you'll be addicted.

Oh I enjoy looking at houses it's a cross country move + getting to pick out a house in 10 days that sucks.

I work in the real estate industry.

Looking for a house is a pain. 

If you need any advice regarding the closing, I have closed residential loans in Alabama and Georgia and can probably answer a few questions for you.

"run" "2" "eat"

the hunting's not so bad, but the field dressing -- ew. 

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

tessasnewlife

I love looking at places too- for fun. My sister and I used to do it all the time. Talk about what we like and what we'd change. When I was looking for a house to rent- I swore I would never move again. It was awful I hated it. Its all fun to imagine but sucks when you have to actually look for real.