Oblique pain (Read 1576 times)

zzz

Not sure if this is normal or not.... well i mean if you have pain in your obliques does that mean I did something right or something wrong regarding form while running. Don't remember have pain like this last year... maybe my core was stronger and I didn't strain them as much?? Anyone else with similar issue when they first started out after a break or just started out in general? Thanks Katie
      Hey Turtlechick, As a new runner who started to this very out of shape I do remember getting sore abs, mostly in the oblique area the day after a run. It is funny because it doesn't happen anymore so I had even forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Running definitely uses all those core muscles. I'm sure you will strengthen up as you run, but maybe adding some core strengthening exercises will help. Keep up the good work!
        I am now 56 and have been running off and on since I was 22...... Any time that i have had a long lay off and then came back to it (im talking 6 mo lay off) I have had pains in the oblique area and also along the outsides of my knees.......in evey case, the pains have gone away after a few runs........ Cant answer for your - but this has been my experience.....JohnA

Champions are made when no one is watching