Bobby Knight Resigns. GoodKnight General. (Read 501 times)

I'm a fan, and I know he is controversial, but this is truly the end of an era. 902 wins and he just decides he's had enough. His son is taking over the Tech team. I still have my t-shirt from when Indiana fired him that says "Hoosier Daddy Now?"

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Another Passion

Wow, I'm sorta sad. He was an ass, but he was effective. I used to love to watch his antics and venom spewing at the referees back in Jennison Fieldhouse in my MSU days. Gosh we hated really disliked him.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Couldn't stand him, but he sure made Big 10 basketball interesting. I'll never the "chair throwing" game. BTW, Season On The Brink, the inside story of Knight's '86 title run with IU, is still one of the best sports books I've ever read.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Wow, I'm sorta sad. He was an ass, but he was effective. I used to love to watch his antics and venom spewing at the referees back in Jennison Fieldhouse in my MSU days. Gosh we hated really disliked him.
          Jennison Fieldhouse? There's one I haven't heard in a while. There are a hella lot of Spartans here. Too bad we have a minor Wolverine infestation. Somebody should spray or something.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Too bad we have a minor Wolverine infestation. Somebody should spray or something.
            This Wolverine is friendly and lovable during non-football months.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

This Wolverine is friendly and lovable during non-football months.
              What have 300 Wolverines ever done? Huh? Where's that movie? Yeah. That's what I thought. Wolverines are smelly rodents that chew your face off when they're grumpy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Do you really think it is as simple as he's "had enough"? Or do you think there is more to the story? MTA: my first thought when I read the story last night was that he was ill but doesn't want anyone to know. Confused
                ---- Cynthia
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah. That's what I thought. Wolverines are smelly rodents that chew your face off when they're grumpy.
                  I'll be the first to admit that Wolverines aren't the best mascot in the world. There's a reason why my beloved Michigan Marching Band does not go by the name "Wolverine Marching Band." But yes, they will chew off your face when grumpy. And the one time in the 1920's that some dumb-ass thought it would be a good idea to bring a live wolverine to a Michigan game, the thing ate its way out of the cage. (Which is kinda cool, but definitely belongs in that old "Bad Idea" Jeans SNL skit. ("So I hired this ex-free-base addict...")). But wolverines are responsible for one of John Candy's best lesser-known film lines: If they told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them? Feel the love, gorilla-man. I don't hate your kind until October.

Any of his past schools make of statue of him? Look! The Elite Gorilla Runners Club already made one of JakeKnight.

Vim

Another Passion

Modal, that statue is like accupuncture in overdrive! Modified to add: Not to mention someone has waaaaaaaay too much time on their hands! Shocked JK... Spartans rule! Woverines drool! ^5 Neener, neener, neener, Jeff! Tongue

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com