Question (Read 752 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

My feeling is red meat is only what you want it to be. Instead of saying red meat why not just say we are giving up cow? That way it is clearer. alligator is not a cow and so it is ok to eat. Also, since you are not giving up the meat because of any moral issues it doesn't really matter. I say go for the alligator.. it's awesome with a little spicy mustard sauce!! Course I also say a cow burger now and then isn't bad either... but that's just me.

Queen of 3rd Place

I like 'gator tail, and it's good for you, too: http://www.wisegeek.com/is-alligator-meat-good-for-you.htm Arguably, gator is also good for the environment; they take fewer resources to raise than cattle, and they don't produce greenhouse gases. Big grin Arla Posting from the heart of cattle gas country

Ex runner

pandajenn19

If it is still open, there is a restaurant in North Little Rock (a barge on the river) called Gator's. They have a menu item called Gator Balls. No, I'm not kidding. It's essentially gator meat in meatball/hushpuppie form. I admit to being rather fond of Gator Balls. Big grin And I personally would not consider it red meat.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would definitely try gator. I loves me some calamari and gator seems like it would have less "eww" factor than squid. Wish there were someplace up in the Arctic North that actually served gator in some form....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Instead of saying red meat why not just say we are giving up cow? That way it is clearer. alligator is not a cow and so it is ok to eat.
            Would Buffalo be ok then or would you have to give up anything that kind of looks like a cow? Could say I'm giving up anything with four legs and hooves. Big grin
            "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
            JakeKnight

they don't produce greenhouse gases. Big grin
              Are you saying alligators don't fart? I want to see the research. Wait. No I don't. Although if you can find a multi-million dollar long-term study on alligator farts, I may die laughing. I'll bet there is one out there. I'll bet I helped pay for it, too. Note to Eric: let me know the first time "Alligator fart" gets used as a search term.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------