Knuckle Lights (Read 2118 times)

Has anyone ever tried Knuckle Lights?

I'm wondering if they are comfortable. I'm also wondering if moving lights would make me feel motion sick.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"Knuckle Lights™ are worn on the front of your hands, in a perfect position to light your path and be seen by oncoming traffic during your next run in the dark."

Uh, I'm thinking not.  My hands swing and my knuckles are either pointed to my feet or way out ahead.  But not at the road, and not in a stable way.  headlamp, baby.

My hands swing and my knuckles are either pointed to my feet or way out ahead.

Yeah but not everyone's a total spaz like you.

Runners run

Has anyone ever tried Knuckle Lights?

I'm wondering if they are comfortable. I'm also wondering if moving lights would make me feel motion sick.

I still think you would want to use a head lamp.  Maybe you could use these in addition to a head lamp.  Think about what happens when you grab something to drink, readjust your gear, etc.  You would not be able to see where you are going because your knuckles would not be pointing forward.  I have had a headlamp headband come off and had to hold the lamp by hand.  It was very annoying because the light was always moving up and down.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah but not everyone's a total spaz like you.

What evidence do you have to support this assertion?

Imminent Catastrophe

I still think you would want to use a head lamp.  Maybe you could use these in addition to a head lamp.  

It might be good as a supplemental light, many runners also carry a flashlight since headlamps don't always give good depth perception. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

You'll ruin your knees!

My knuckles tend to drag the ground, so... I'd be looking for a way to attach them to my hydration pack straps, waist pack straps, etc.  If they were functional by being flexible as to how they attached, I could see using them... on the knuckles... not so much.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

an amazing likeness

Well, those pretty much look like a headlamp held by the strap....so maybe a headlamp would get you a twofer.  Wear it and it's a headlamp, wrap the strap around your hand and you've got a knuckle light.

mta:  well never mind, under the "about us" link the knuckle-inventor explains why holding a headlight in your hand is nothing.at.all.like.a.knucklelight.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

What if you combine the lamps with those IT band straps dorky runners wear?  (If you wear IT band straps, then I'm sorry for pointing out that you're a dork.)  At normal training pace, how high do your knees really get, anyway?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

It might be good as a supplemental light, many runners also carry a flashlight since headlamps don't always give good depth perception. 

This is me.  Headlamps don't work that well for me... I like handhelds much much better.  If I was wearing knuckle light(s), I bet I could make the change so that they shine where I want them to shine.

LEAVE GLASSES IF DORK

What if you combine the lamps with those IT band straps dorky runners wear?  (If you wear IT band straps, then I'm sorry for pointing out that you're a dork.)  At normal training pace, how high do your knees really get, anyway?

or put it on your fuel belt, I bet the waist is the part that moves the least.  hey that rhymed.

No Talent Drips

hey that rhymed.

In what language?

Dei Gratia

xor

In what language?

It kind of does when I do fake Irish, a la Tom Cruise in Far and Away.

Slice

These things look like something a super hero would wear, but with laser beams.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

xor

These things look like something a super hero would wear, but with laser beams.

Wait!  They have laser beams??

Sign me up for sure.