Question about Garmin settings ... (Read 779 times)

uncontrollable

Hi! 1st time trying to set up my garmin with the alerts. My question is ... can I use the distance (alert every mile) AND pace alerts at the same time or do you have to choose? Also, I am doing 15 mi ... 1st 4 to warm-up then trying to hit my race pace for 10 - is there a way to start the pace alert ONLY when I am doing PMP or do I have to listen to the beeps for the whole run? I appreciate any info! Thanks!! Kelly Big grin

peace

an amazing likeness

can I use the distance (alert every mile) AND pace alerts at the same time or do you have to choose? Also, I am doing 15 mi ... 1st 4 to warm-up then trying to hit my race pace for 10 - is there a way to start the pace alert ONLY when I am doing PMP or do I have to listen to the beeps for the whole run? I appreciate any info! Thanks!! Kelly Big grin
      Kelly, I haven't actually done this, but your questions prompted me to read the manual, and from my reading -- I think you can have both distance and pace alerts -- all the alerts seem to work independently of each other. The only way I can imagine to get to what you're seeking for not having pace alerts during warmup is to set the pace alert in one of the modes (run, other, biking) and then start your run in another mode and do a quick change in mode (press and hold mode button) when you "shift" gears in your run.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

You can set up an advanced workout that lets you warm up as much as you want, and then when you hit the lap button it goes into the first "interval" which can be the pace you want, then have a cool down for as long as you want. I haven't played with that feature yet, but I know its there.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

uncontrollable

Thanks

peace