19 wks pregnant and 400 miles! - UPDATE- 875 miles during pregnancy (Read 2935 times)

Slice

Is this your first baby?

This will be my second little midget but I didn't run during the 1st pregnancy. I didn't get hooked until my first one drove me batshitcrazy and I realized running was a great stress reliever.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Jill_B

I fly.

Congrats.  I ran during both of my pregnancies - although with my second I was forced onto the elliptical by my doc after 6 months...   

Good luck keeping it up! 

Bring it on.

keeponrunning

Congrats Smile  Now, let's just hope your uterus doesn't fall out while running...

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Slice

I just hit the 5 month mark and I also hit 500 miles on foot and a little over 200 on my bike! I plan on sticking with it as long as possible but the heat is slowing me down so I may be biking more. I joke that I'm growing a triathlete - we run and bike while she swims!

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just hit the 5 month mark and I also hit 500 miles on foot and a little over 200 on my bike! I plan on sticking with it as long as possible but the heat is slowing me down so I may be biking more. I joke that I'm growing a triathlete - we run and bike while she swims!

Very cool!  Happy to hear that things continue to go well.  Hope the Summer is not particularly hot.  I avoided heat issues during later pregnancy by getting knocked-up in May and delivering in Feb. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good job kunland.  Very impressive. 

keeponrunning

Great job Kunland!!  Keep it up!  Have you started wearing the 'yes I asked my doctor' shirt yet?

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Slice

Great job Kunland!!  Keep it up!  Have you started wearing the 'yes I asked my doctor' shirt yet?

Not yet - I've been too lazy to actually make it! It's been so flipping hot the past two days (95 degrees) that I've just been going all Nat-Geo style and letting my big pregnant belly hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras. Hey, if you got it (belly) - flaunt it! Shocked

Candice.

Dude.

Quit talking about me out here in the GSP.

Pregnant lady - Congrats!! Smile

Queen of 3rd Place

Not yet - I've been too lazy to actually make it! It's been so flipping hot the past two days (95 degrees) that I've just been going all Nat-Geo style and letting my big pregnant hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras. Hey, if you got it (belly) - flaunt it! Shocked

That is awesome.

Ex runner

murphbaley

That is awesome: "letting my big pregnant hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras"

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and plan on trying that this coming week. Running at 6am without a toddler in a joggy stroller helps too!

Slice

That is awesome: "letting my big pregnant hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras"

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and plan on trying that this coming week. Running at 6am without a toddler in a joggy stroller helps too!

I did another Nat Geo style run today with my big ol' belly hanging out. I'm 6 months now so I'm much larger now. I figure if people want to stare, they can look all they want. Plus, it kind of makes me feel like a bad ass mother runner! Big grin

Am I doing this right?

I did another Nat Geo style run today with my big ol' belly hanging out. I'm 6 months now so I'm much larger now. I figure if people want to stare, they can look all they want. Plus, it kind of makes me feel like a bad ass mother runner! Big grin

+1

You would get a honk and a holler from me.  Keep up the good work.

No excuses....

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

I am so impressed! You are going to bounce back so quickly after you deliver! I bet you feel better than the average pregnant mom now too. I want to see a running picture of you! I bet you look incredible!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

bad ass mother runner! Big grin

<honk>  <holler>  Big grin