Personal Trainers (Read 1250 times)

Kimmie

Are there enough of us on here to start a user group? I would love to bounce ideas off other trainers. Just thought I'd post something and see what I get. Right now, I'm working at a gym and also training people out of their homes. I have a few people that I focus in on running with the end goal of completing a 5K. (take off from the couch to 5K program) It's been quite rewarding to see new people to our sport come to really love it.
    xor

As long as we don't have to talk about plyometrics, I'm in.

Kimmie

cool- do you think there are more of us?
        xor

Hmmm. Apparently not. I thought there were a few, though. There were many of us at coolrunning.

#artbydmcbride

I could use personal training. Are your rates reasonable (cheap)?

Runners run

Kimmie

Let me point you to my website it's www.trainedbykim.com I'm guessing that we're not in the same area... so I have done online training before. OR I could help you via email with what to look for in a trainer... whether you go to your local gym or look around your area.

#artbydmcbride

Thanks, I'll check it out. Smile How 'bout you srlopez, are you reasonable?

Runners run

www.trainedbykim.com Nice Web site Kim...... Smile Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

xor

Thanks, I'll check it out. Smile How 'bout you srlopez, are you reasonable?
                    I'm easy. Heh. Honestly, though, I don't do online training these days. Well, I do lots of Kona-related stuff that way, but I don't have time to branch out. Being a secret agent takes all my daytime; superhero takes all the evening hours.

Kimmie

Thanks John. Apparently, I don't know how to link something on here. techno illiterate, that's what I am.... how about I trade someone tons of useful exercise advice for some computer lessons? Smile
                      xor

Most sites recognize urls and do the work behind the scenes for you to turn them into links. Not here. Here, you need to learn about the a tag. The a tag does a whole ton of stuff, but to do what you want to do is very simple. [a href="put url in here, including the http:// part"]Put text you want to show up on the page here[/a] Except: use < for="" [="" and="" /> for ] (if I had used that in my example, it would have tried to turn it into a link) Here's yours: Kim will make you look good naked To study it, quote this post. It'll plop all the text into the edit box for your reply and you can see the a tag in there. Note: you can actually make the a tag a little easier or a lot more complicated, but what I showed you above is a nice balance.

xor

You can also, of course, simply use the little link button on the formatting list when you write a post. It's the one with a little world and a thing that looks like a chain link in front of it. 1. Type the url in your post. 2. Highlight it. 3. Push the button. Voila. It puts the a tag in there for you. This is the easier version of the a tag without some of the extra stuff I showed you above. http://www.trainedbykim.com

#artbydmcbride

Well, I was going to trade you computer info for training advice, but srlopez is just giving it all away! Wink

Runners run

xor

Well, I was going to trade you computer info for training advice, but srlopez is just giving it all away! Wink
                              Of course I give it away. I'm easy.

Kimmie

trying to think of something clever to say.... but I'll just say thanks. Smile