Elevation display in Safari bug (Read 814 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I just noticed that when I try to view a course map with the elevation display saved it will freeze Safari, and I have to force quit. It works OK in Firefox, so I have to use Firefox to edit the map and save it without elevation display, then it will work OK in Safari. Does anyone else have this problem? (Mac OSX 10.4 with MacBookPro). Course maps without the elevation display saved seem to work fine.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, as you debug this consider the added variable of the new Intel chips. I had noticed some problems with the gmap api itself using safari on the new Intel macs when I was doing some coding. In that case, I could zoom in and out, but the polylines did not zoom with the map. I never figured out what the problem was, but only saw it on the Intel Mac.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a similar issue. I have an older G4 (mini--non-Intel) running 10.4 and while the elevation mapping works fine for me when I first create a map, if I try to go back and view a previously made map it will also freeze-up Safari. Also, none of the formatting or emoticons work for me, so I have been manually coding things--no biggie, though. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Oy! Safari again! Life would be so much easier if I have a Mac to test with. Anyone got a spare machine I can borrow? Big grin Google admitted to having issues with Safari, so I'm not surprised if it doesn't work properly. I'm not going to venture a guess on what the problem can be. I don't know why the formatting stuff doesn't work either. Maybe all the problems are related to Safari not handling all the Java scripts properly (i.e. certain standard features of Java script are missing). If you're good with HTML, which I know you are, Kirsten, you can just use regular HTML tags for now until I get my hands on a Mac. Just be aware that the forum code will ignore all attributes in the HTML tag with the exception of href in < a="" /> and src in < img="" />. Sorry about the inconveniences. Believe me, if I can fix them, I would have. eric Smile
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry about the inconveniences. Believe me, if I can fix them, I would have. eric Smile
            Oh, no problem at all. If I'm the only one having formatting issues, then don't be in any rush to fix them--I don't mind the work-around in the slightest. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Oh, no problem at all. If I'm the only one having formatting issues, then don't be in any rush to fix them--I don't mind the work-around in the slightest. Smile k
              Same here, I can always use Firefox. No biggie and thanks again for your hard work.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I always use Firefox or Camino. Much better browsers on a Mac.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I always use Firefox or Camino. Much better browsers on a Mac.
                  Funny, and I find that most of the time Safari works better for me than FF. I have never tried Camino, though. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Really? I have never found Safari better, and it does far less. I am curious, what are some things Safari does?
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's just generally much faster on my end, which is the main selling point for me. k

~ Sarah Kay