So How Many Miles Do You Get From Your Shoes? (Read 2233 times)

I know there are lots of variables to mileage from a pair of running shoes but I am curious how many miles you guys are getting? I looked at the equipment lists of a few of you but the miles are all over the map. I am hoping to get ~450 from my Asics Gel Kayanos, my last pair were Brooks Adrenalines and only got ~350 miles from them. I a big for a "runner" at 6'1" and 205 lbs so I know I shouldn't expect as much as some of you. Thanks for sharing Sam
    Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
    xor

I get 500 out of brooks adrenaline and trance. I get 299 out of mizuno alchemys, and yes, I mean that exactly. When I hit 300 in these, my knees start to hurt. I got about 300 out of the one pair of loco (er... the stability ones, I don't remember the name). Whoop!

Out of my Asics, I got about 450. Out of my Mizuno Inspires - I've gotten 700+ so far. I'm 6'0, 195ish so I can relate to being the bigger heavier guy and pounding on shoes. Inspires are 4 overpronation and flat feet - much like the Kayanos, but at a fraction of the price, and they are lighter.
          Usually 450 - 500 for me. I've been wearing Nike Air Zoom Elites lately, but I have the best luck with Nike products in general. I "rediscovered" Nike about two years ago and the pairs I've worn have been just as good as their excellent shoes from the 1980s.
          Do bears bear? Do bees be?
            Out of my Asics, I got about 450. Out of my Mizuno Inspires - I've gotten 700+ so far. I'm 6'0, 195ish so I can relate to being the bigger heavier guy and pounding on shoes. Inspires are 4 overpronation and flat feet - much like the Kayanos, but at a fraction of the price, and they are lighter.
            Wow! I am going to have to look into the Inspires. Kayanos are nice but expensive though I have been able to gt them from Sports Authority on-line for $90 but I think that was a Christmas price only. Sam
            Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Big guy here - last three pairs for me were Brooks Radius. Got over 600 miles from each of them. One pair was free, one pair was $54, current pair was $50. Best shoe money I've ever spent.
                Wow! I am going to have to look into the Inspires. Kayanos are nice but expensive though I have been able to gt them from Sports Authority on-line for $90 but I think that was a Christmas price only. Sam
                RunningWarehouse.com is where I buy mine. Usually about 64 bucks - or at least were at the end of the month. I also bought a pair of Adrenaline GTS, but I only have 8 miles on them, so we'll see where they start falling apart. The pair of Inspires I have w/ around 750 has wear on the heels, so I use them for snow/ice or rain. Huge difference between those and new ones, or even mine w/ 300 miles on them, but I have had NO problem with hurting when I run with those.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Makers, thanks for the RunningWarehouse.com reference. I just bought my Pearl Izumis for $80, $15 cheaper than I got them for last time! Free shipping, too - cool. Smile
                    Makers, thanks for the RunningWarehouse.com reference. I just bought my Pearl Izumis for $80, $15 cheaper than I got them for last time! Free shipping, too - cool. Smile
                    I used this link to purchase my Adrenalines a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what it is and what classifies "corporate perks" but it said I was eligible and was able to get the adrenalines for 51 bucks. http://www.runningwarehouse.com/verify.html?coup=cp20&from=nextjmp
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

300 miles. Period.

Double IPA Please!

close to 400, I'd say over, but only because I kept wearing themRoll eyes and I should NOT have been. Pair before that shortly over 300

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? My opinion is just that... mine, based on my experience which is not great or small. My old school Saucony Swerves felt great to run in for around 250 miles after that I could tell the date of a quarter by standing on it. My monstrously heavy New Balance 1062's are getting long in the tooth at around mile 400. I break in a new pair at 400 and use the old pair for recovery/treadmill runs till mile 500. At mile 500 I don't care what shoe it is, it goes into the fishing shoe bin. I seem to have either two or three pair of shoes in some state of use at a time. Running in one pair of shoe exclusively I believe shortens its life span. Keep at least two pair in the rotation to let dry them out between runs and let the cushioning material expand back to normal. I'm not sure if this is a myth or fact but two pair of shoes rotated seems to make both pair last longer than if you just ran in one. Remember there are people who run tremendously fast and injury free in bare feet. Karl
                          Hannibal Granite

Usually 450 - 500 for me. I've been wearing Nike Air Zoom Elites lately, but I have the best luck with Nike products in general. I "rediscovered" Nike about two years ago and the pairs I've worn have been just as good as their excellent shoes from the 1980s.
                            That is wierd b/c I find I get the least amount of miles out of Nikes compared to any other brands that I have run in (Brooks, Saucony, Asics, New Balance). I still buy and wear Nikes because I can often find a pair that fit well for my foot. As for the original question, I get anywhere from 250-400 miles for a pair of shoes.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Feeling the growl again

700 miles

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Go Pre!

300 miles. Period.
                                What he said, including the three periods in a row.