NYC Marathon 2012 (Read 844 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Apparently I successfully navigated the lottery system (been training my Luck with hill-repeats mostly).  Logged in today and found I was accepted for 2012.  (thought there'd be an email notification, ah well).

Who else will be there?

Also, it looks like 2013 guaranteed entry times have dropped.  Men 40-45 dropped 20minutes from 3:10 to 2:50.  Women 40-45 droped 28minutes! 3:38 to 3:10.  Yikes!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Turbolegs

Apparently I successfully navigated the lottery system (been training my Luck with hill-repeats mostly).  Logged in today and found I was accepted for 2012.  (thought there'd be an email notification, ah well).

Who else will be there?

Also, it looks like 2013 guaranteed entry times have dropped.  Men 40-45 dropped 20minutes from 3:10 to 2:50.  Women 40-45 droped 28minutes! 3:38 to 3:10.  Yikes!

Fantastic man !! Have a blast training for it !!

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

I'm in but not sure yet if I'm going to run it. 

Julia1971

I'm still listed as not accepted.  But, my understanding is that it can take up to a week for them to check the guaranteed admits.  But, my BFF didn't get in!  Sad  So, now I'm not sure about running it. 

I think I'm going to dual-track and still try to do bib transfer for Marine Corps.  I told another another friend a few months ago I'd buy her bib.  The FAQ page says it doesn't open until August 1st, so I still have a while to figure it all out.

As far as the 2013 qualifying times, someone in another thread linked t0 this article about whether age graded calculators are fair and there was a blurb about them re-evaluating the numbers for the women:

It turns out that the 2013 guaranteed-entry system established by the New York Road Runners, based on an AGC of .75, will admit between three and four times as many men as women (based on actual results from the 2010 and 2011 New York City Marathons.) I doubt this is the NYRR’s intent, though that remains to be seen. Thus far, a spokesperson has told me only that he doesn't believe the club is aware of this apparent slight. [Update from Mary Wittenberg, CEO: "We have run a bunch of analyses and we agree--you are right. The impact is not what we intended in terms of making it tougher for women than for me. We are re-evaluating."]

Still, guess what I put on my application as my expected finish time?  That's right: 3:10.  Big grin   Considering the Boston heat, I'm thinking I was in high 3:teens shape.  Maybe I can get to low 3:teens or better in 6 months.

ETA: I think the "me" in the quote is supposed to be "men".

JML

Congrats on obtaining what is becoming one of the tougher marathon entries!

I did not get in and will be running the Philly half as a consolation prize.

Good luck!

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

BostonRnr

I am in!

My cousin got me a lottery ticket way back in, I dunno, 2009?  But I think he put his own e-mail address down, things got confused, and he ended up running it himself in 2011.  SUCKER.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jfa

4th time's a charm.

I'm in !

I'm in this year, guaranteed entry after 3 previous rejections.

I'm in this year, guaranteed entry after 3 previous rejections.

Okay, now, my bad for really not keying into the whole process.  

But, when you are entered for, say, 2010, and you don't "win" do you have to keep "re-applying?" Or do you automatically go into the pool for the next year until you get picked?

L Train

I believe this has all changed anyway now Nads and there's no three year rule.  Thanks for playing though.

L Train

Hey I just got a "Become a Personal Trainer" ad.  It's like they know how awesome I am.

Don't you have to have an acceptable face, so that you can attract clients?  

L Train

Of course I do.  They're lining up outside right now, hold on. 

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Just found out I'm in! But DH is not, so we'll probably do Philadelphia (full for him, half for me) as well. Got in last year after 3 years of rejection, this year I was just lucky.