Forced rest sucks! (Read 803 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks to my son not having school the past 3 days and then my coming down with an intestinal malady (just as my relatively mild cold was letting up) I've not been able to run for the last 4 days. I HATE how wide my bars are getting in my graph! AND that damned pace bunny will be passing me tomorrow. I WILL be running tomorrow, even if it means drinking half a bottle of Pepto beforehand in order to do so! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Totally SUCK! I'm not good at forced rest. In fact that doesn't happen UNLESS kids have no school or dh is home when I'm sick. Like you I'd be drinking that Pepto if I had to tomorrow (if I was in same positition) GL tomorrow!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I feel your pain. I hate the forced rest days! After day three or four days I'd be ready to bolt!

Michelle

WILL be running tomorrow, even if it means drinking half a bottle of Pepto beforehand in order to do so! k
          New energy drink? Wink
          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
            ugh! I'm sorry, that really bites. Dh is surprising me this week for our anniversary...I told him I don't care what you have planned as long as I can still get my scheduled runs in. Shy How's that for romantic?

Jennifer mm#1231

OMG you sound SO much like me life!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Now that was a bath...

Get better soon Zoomy! Hey - your bars are getting wide but mine have disappeared. It just says 'No Data' on my graph now! Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

You'll ruin your knees!

Suck it up, Princess! Sorry you/your son aren't 100%...if it were easy, well, it would be...you know... easy! I haven't seen the bunny since early in January! Hope you're better soon, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Suck it up, Princess! Sorry you/your son aren't 100%...if it were easy, well, it would be...you know... easy! I haven't seen the bunny since early in January! Hope you're better soon, Lynn B
                    No wonder you're exactly 100 miles ahead of me this year!!
                    Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dh is surprising me this week for our anniversary...I told him I don't care what you have planned as long as I can still get my scheduled runs in. Shy How's that for romantic?
                      I think it's WAY romantic--I think my hubby would agree, too! Ooh, and Pepto as a sports drink...ummm...not so much...

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Get better soon Zoomy! Hey - your bars are getting wide but mine have disappeared. It just says 'No Data' on my graph now! Claire xxx
                        I have a feeling that by the end of the year you will still have run more miles than me, though... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

What sucks more is that I've been running on the track for the past month and a half. Me and my friend just go to the college gym every day and run a couple of miles on the track (max of 5 miles because well i hate seeing the samething over and over again, my body can no longer make a right turn, and i really don't feel like counting higher then 40 laps). So when it gets warm again and i join outdoor track or run outside with my friend there will be about a 200 mile/2 month gap in my graphs
                            What sucks more is that I've been running on the track for the past month and a half. Me and my friend just go to the college gym every day and run a couple of miles on the track (max of 5 miles because well i hate seeing the samething over and over again, my body can no longer make a right turn, and i really don't feel like counting higher then 40 laps). So when it gets warm again and i join outdoor track or run outside with my friend there will be about a 200 mile/2 month gap in my graphs
                            You can try going through the alphabet - when you get to Z, start over again. And, yes, forced rest sucks. Nothing more to add.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why are you not running outdoors? Your weather HAS to be better than what we crazies in the upper Midwest have had to contend with for the past couple of months... k

~ Sarah Kay

never mind lol