Are you a "dog" (social) or "cat" (I run by myself) runner? (Read 314 times)

obiebyke

Total meow (even as I sit here with my hypersocial avi cat). Mostly because I'm too self conscious about how slow I am!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

xhristopher

I dislike cats.They're relatively indoor creatures. I run alone outdoors, but will not vote as cat. I'll pet friendly dogs and an occasional dog will run with me.

I'd rather run like a cat.

And socially like a lion.

I'll see your bark and raise you ROAR!

I love my RP (we run together 3x/week) and I will occasionally run with others but eventually the others turn into those annoying yippie dogs. I can only put up with them for so long.
        TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Cat.

mta: okay, I do woof occasionally.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I dislike cats.They're relatively indoor creatures. I run alone outdoors, but will not vote as cat. I'll pet friendly dogs and an occasional dog will run with me.

Not if given a choice.

steph  

I said more meow than bark because I run with a group usually 2/5 runs but really run more like 100% meow because my group members insist on talking and running which is a skill I can't seem to master. I usually end up running by myself either at the back or in the middle between two larger groups. Love the camaraderie of being with other runners because we're such a great bunch.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

kcam

I'm with AKtrail.  I run alone most of the time but refuse under any circumstances to vote 'cat'.  Woof.

substance misusing marsupial.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

degregorius

Flightless bird.

Cue Bo Diddly: I'm a Road Runner Honey/ And you can't get next to me.

BEEP BEEP!

I'd rather run like a cat.

And socially like a lion.

I'll see your bark and raise you ROAR!

The option given was "meow" not "roar". I quietly run my trails alone. Smile

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                      NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Another cat runner here.

Leah, mother of dogs

SubDood

I woof and meow equally.

catdog

xhristopher

NikoRosa, your dog looks a little sad about that. SubDood, your dog looks like a comedian. AKTrail, touché.

I woof and meow equally.

catdog

Love this picture. Thanks for posting!

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Interesting that thus far most votes are for solo running.  I guess the misleading thing, as pointed out earlier is that some of this result might be out of necessity than preference.  Trying to fit running around work/school/family *and* being able to hook up with groups consistently can be difficult to schedule for many people.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt