How to enter multisport events? (Read 634 times)

Anyone have any particular suggestions for how to enter multisport events (eg, triathlon, duathlon, biathlon)? One way that occurs to me is to enter the first leg as a race, then the next leg as another race, and then the last leg as a third race on the same day -- but I'm not sure what to do with transition times, or with total time, or with race (total) placement.
    eric :)

Soprano, I wanted to add the ability to record triathlons properly for some time now. However, the way that the database is set up makes it quite difficult for me to do that without ripping everything apart, including all the existing log pages, most of which I just rewrote. It will introduce a whole new set of problems so I rather not get into it for now. When I figure out an easier way of supporting this, I'll add it immediately. eric :-)
      jeffdonahue

Well, you could put transition times in there as two more legs (with no distance - only time). Or, in some sprint triathlons, I know they usually add both transition times to the bike leg.
        allezallezallez

Would it be possible to make another category (like 'run', 'bike', 'weight training', etc) that is called 'Triathlon' or 'Multisport' to our main options? It would need to look like the 'run' entry page so we could enter placement and intervals (being the individual legs of the race and transitions). Of course it wouldn't add miles to your total for the year, but you could do that separately as an individual entry. It would allow you to have an easier way of recording a race instead of just creating your own activity and typing in all the information in the notes box, though. Don't know if this is actually feasible, just a thought.
          Gig

I know individuals can create custom workout types. Is it possible to customize the names of intervals (instead of interval, rest, etc.)? That way you could choose which ones to include in mileage as well. I don't do triathalons (some day), so my apologies if I'm over-simplifying this.
            eric :)

therockett7, As gig pointed out, you can create custom workouts to do this. The only issue is that the interval names are fixed. I will need to figure out how to make it customizable. It may be a good solution to the triathlon support problem. eric :-)