Garmin Frustration (Read 982 times)

joefreudenthal

I have had two Garmin Forerunners go down on me in the past 2 years (301 and 305). I love the product, but I am wondering if this is a systemic problem or not. Anybody out there having issues like mine? Thanks, Joe Freudenthal
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I had one go bad after 15 months, a 305. Of course I had used it very hard in the time I had it, and it took a few tough spills.
        My beloved 305 has started to lose it capacity to hold a charge. I get a low battery warning after about an hour and a half, and today it completely shut itself off after about three hours. I've done several 3+ hour training runs and marathons in the past without any problems, so I know that it should be holding a charge better than it is now. Anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions? (The Garmy in question is about 16 months old.)

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran 7 hours 45 minutes today and when I finished my 305 (~1 month old) still was reading half its charge. My old one held charge as long as I needed it to when it died of other causes at 15 months. You may want to contact Garmin.

Marathonmanleto

My 305 has lost all audible tone. I have contacted Garmin and they have issued a RMA, but I really don't mind it as is. Marathon is only one plus month away--after I may return it.

Imminent Catastrophe

I ran 7 hours 45 minutes today...
              What are you training for?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What are you training for?
                Just running. Being foolish. 42 miles...

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey