does talking effect HR? (Read 581 times)

Does anyone know if (or how much) talking effects the HR? (I just got my Garmin 305 and have done a few runs on it. All this data! It's addicting, and my friends already tease me "what's your HR now?... how about now?" Blush) thx

2008 Goals: 10k < 44, HM < 1:40, learn to use my Garmin

I'd say, Yes. Only because when I go to thr Dr. and she takes my blood pressure, she always says ok Don't move and don't talk.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

A Saucy Wench

Sure...talking takes breath and energy....HR will respond to that. A random word, no, but chitter chatter...sure. Try sometime going out at a fairly hard pace that you can hold. Then try talking and holding that same pace.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

yes it does, so does listening to my DD talk especially when she is talking about how old I am getting and "What kind of funeral do you want mom?" (I think I may be done running with DD)

A Saucy Wench

ROFLMAO

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7