One Race a Month - CHALLENGE - March (Read 717 times)

ajha

I did my race for the month on Saturday. It was a 5K. Shamrock Shuffle St. Albans, VT It was freezing cold and windy! I ran 25:47. 1/10 of course was cut off for ice. But I finally got into the 8s again for my pace so I was thrilled. I got a first in my age group with a trophy! Small race!

Bugs

I ran a 5K Saturday morning and it took me about 1minute and a half longer then normal to finish. I have had that chest cough and high temperature bug going around. This mornings run was much better but a little concerned about my marathon next weekend. Good job on the run but I do understand about trying to race with a rocovering body. Rest easy and good luck in April. Jimmy
      How was your marathon? I have ran two marathons with a cold, one I could not breath threw my nose but running was fine. However this chest cold virus is a different animal and I could not imagine running that distance. I am still struggling with coughing; stinks. Hope you were healthy for your race.

Bugs

Bugs, The cold was fine and my time off a week or so earlir did me well. The race was fun and an overall success. That was my first trail run of that distance. I did well but was slower then expected, as I ran comfortable enough to take it all in and enjoy it. I met Lynn there and he was a very nice and accepting trail run host. Lynn your group put on a great race. Next for me will be Country Music marathon in Nashville at the end of April. 1. 26.2 miles 2. Grasslands Trail Run 3. Decatur, texas 4. 4:12:13 (slowest marathon by 20 minutes) 5. 9th place overall 6. Trails are different then roads but both are fun and enjoyable in thir own perspective. Bugs thanks again for asking. Lynn thanks for the hospitatlity on the course and at the start finish. Bonkin sorry I missed you there and thanks for posting this race as I would have missed it had you not. Jimmy

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett