Your Running "Bucket List". (Read 486 times)

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/b82e90ac93264c4d8e3181da1d3d4efb/0

Well the thread is 6 years old with the last post 3 years back.
    I frequent another forum where anything more than two weeks old is considered 'Zombie Thread.'

jfa

BQ

Get old,

get in.

I have the first part nailed. Still working on the second part.

Done deal. MTA just about a year later. I'll just have to figure out what's next.

Kalsarikännit

Well the thread is 6 years old with the last post 3 years back.
        I frequent another forum where anything more than two weeks old is considered 'Zombie Thread.'

That is the fun of that thread. It is cool to look back and see who's goals have changed, and to see who has done some of their races.

I was happy to see that flatfooter knocked his off.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

rlopez

I'm happy to see that one of my terms (zombie thread) gets used.  :-)

I want to do some iconic mountain races.

Pikes Peak ascent

Mt Washington

Imogene Pass

Score a 90% age grade somewhere

Run a race in every state.

I'm pretty sure I won't get to them all, but it's nice motivation. I've got VA, MD, DC, and WA so far. Luckily, I'm on the east coast, so I can reach a lot of different states within a day's drive.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Joann Y

These may be completely unreasonable and not very exciting but:

<6:00 for the mile

<20:00 for 5k

More reasonable, I think:

BQ

I'm 41 so there is definitely an expiration date on these things.

bhearn

Boston

Sub-3 marathon

Western States silver buckle

Spartathlon 246k

Comrades

and some performance goals that I'll keep to myself for now.

rlopez

It's like Taco Bell. Basically the same six things, just rearranged in different order.

Taco Bell has grown fond of various iterations of tacos with dorito shells.

Doritos are another example of the same phenomenon.  I think Frito-Lay has, like, 5 seasoning powders: cheese, red (hot), pizza/taco, sour cream-onion (which they redubbed 'ranch'), and lime. The 1,000 different dorito flavors are all just different amounts and combos of The Five Powders. Indefinitely.

If the vinegar or barbequeueue flavors jump from their potato chips over to doritos, it'll be the first new one in 30 years.

Oh.  Running.

+101 (ok, really I'd like 110, but I'm being cocky)

+ 23:59
                    + 1:29
                    + 3:18
                    + Finish Western.

+ Some iteration of a grand slam. Except I don't want to run Vermont.

+ edit to add: 4500. what the hell.

<3

bhearn

+101 (ok, really I'd like 110, but I'm being cocky)

What, 150 doesn't count?

+ edit to add: 4500. what the hell.

Miles in a year??

jpdeaux

These may be completely unreasonable and not very exciting but:

<6:00 for the mile - Considering how unrested you were in your July mile, definitely in the realm of possibility

<20:00 for 5k - This would just take chipping away at it.

More reasonable, I think:

BQ - Your weekly mileage is going in the right direction for this; already beyond your first marathon training.

I'm 41 so there is definitely an expiration date on these things. I disagree that that's anytime soon.

Of course, it's a truism that getting one of these goals will help you get the others.

BTW, I loved your resting plan for the day before your marathon.

bhearn

I'm 41 so there is definitely an expiration date on these things.

Hahahahahaha

Joann Y

Hahahahahaha

What is that supposed to mean?  Maybe I'm already making excuses? Or...you're saying my prime is still to come!

Joann Y

Of course, it's a truism that getting one of these goals will help you get the others.

BTW, I loved your resting plan for the day before your marathon.

I don't remember having a plan~! And that was an abomination that I would rather forget, thank you. (And I don't want to say this out loud, but I do think I could do that mile. I think.) You are right, that 5k time is just a nice round number that would be really cool but very difficult if not impossible. I may spend my fall working on getting closer to this anyway. I feel like the BQ should happen if I don't do something stupid like quit running. But when should I go for it? I keep thinking if I wait a year or two my fitness should be getting very close or if I wait 3 years then the BQ time will go from 3:45 to 3:55 and why not wait until then.

bhearn

What is that supposed to mean?  Maybe I'm already making excuses? Or...you're saying my prime is still to come!

I'm saying, you're still a kid.