Muppets + 6 y.o. boy = ROTFL (Read 731 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have the entire first season of the Muppets on DVD. Honestly, there is NOTHING funnier than watching my son watch the Swedish Chef...mmm...bort bort bort! The kid was laughing so hard he had tears streaming down his cheeks! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, we do as well. Jack is not quite 2 and he thinks it's funny too, but I can't wait until he's older and gets the verbal humor. We'll sit and watch it together just like my dad and I used to every Tuesday night when I was a kid. It's a real bummer that he'll never know his pop-pop.
      The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
      http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We'll sit and watch it together just like my dad and I used to every Tuesday night when I was a kid. It's a real bummer that he'll never know his pop-pop.
        Oh, that is so sad. My son just lost his grandpa (my FIL) in Nov. to cancer. He's old enough that he should always have some memories of his grandpa. I'm so sorry that your little guy won't likely remember your dad. You'll have to make sure that you tell him lots of great stories and share photos with him. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, this happy thread quickly turned sad but I have to say very sorry to both zoom-zoom and johnnypebs. Keep those memories alive!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Wow, this happy thread quickly turned sad but I have to say very sorry to both zoom-zoom and johnnypebs. Keep those memories alive!
            Damn, I'm sorry... I was posted this at work and as such, didn't really put a lot of thought into that. I didn't mean to depress everybody. To compensate, everybody name your favorite muppet and why. Mine was Fozzy, because all his jokes were so great. Of course, I was 7 or 8 and didn't really realize that they were supposed to be bad jokes. Probably why I laugh at all the lame jokes my wife just shakes her head at. Big grin
            The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, I'm sorry... I was posted this at work and as such, didn't really put a lot of thought into that. I didn't mean to depress everybody. To compensate, everybody name your favorite muppet and why.
              Oh, you didn't bring it down...I'm glad to hear that the Muppets have made fond memories for you to share with your little one. I'll bet you make some new ones, too! Smile My favorite Muppet...hmmm...I think it's a tie between the Swedish Chef (I'm at least 1/4 Swede, myself) and Gonzo. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Oh, you didn't bring it down...I'm glad to hear that the Muppets have made fond memories for you to share with your little one. I'll bet you make some new ones, too!
                Yeah, I think that's what I was going for; but like I said, I was at work and a bit rushed. Thanks for reading my mind there, zoom-zoom. Big grin

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Think I'm the downer. Sorry. My favs are Statler & Waldorf, the dudes in the balcony. "Why do we always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's kind of like a torture to have to watch the show."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Bert and Ernie - when DS was 4, he and his dad would do skits - it was too cute!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Think I'm the downer. Sorry. My favs are Statler & Waldorf, the dudes in the balcony. "Why do we always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's kind of like a torture to have to watch the show."
                      Oh, who doesn't love those guys!? Loveable old crabs! Kinda like Squidward on Spongebob... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

After Statler and Waldorf, my next favorite Muppet is John Denver. I mean, he was on there all the time! Tongue

After Statler and Waldorf, my next favorite Muppet is John Denver. I mean, he was on there all the time! Tongue
                          LOL... I think that my all time favorite episode had to be the Alice Cooper episode. I mean, how cool is that? One of the masters of shock rock, doing the Muppet Show. Just goes to show just how hip Jim Henson was.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is one of my favorite Christmas CDs of all time...the Muppets with John Denver. The BEST is the 12 Days of Christmas. Fiiiive goooold riiinnngggsss...badum bum bum! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

My favs...Beaker cracks me up! Honeydew is awesome!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The BEST is the 12 Days of Christmas. Fiiiive goooold riiinnngggsss...badum bum bum!
                                Close. The best "12 days" of all time is Bob and Doug MacKenzie of "Strange Brew" fame, eh? On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Eight comic books Seven packs of smokes Six packs of two-fours Five golden toques Four pounds of back bacon Three french toasts Two turtlenecks And a beer in a tree