Holy Cow - shoes are evil? (Read 1291 times)

JakeKnight

what amazes me though, is how some people get down right offensive about it when you tell them that you barefoot run. i just mention that i do it sometimes and non-barefoot runners will almost shout at me all the reasons that it is "bad" for you... blows my mind.
    The irony, of course, is that what you just described is exactly the opposite of the reality of this thread. You are attacking others - you are claiming your way is best, that shoes cause injury. If you actually did what you just described - came on here and said "I run barefoot and it works for me, and here's why I like it" - nobody would mind at all. In fact, they'd be interested. Your version of this thread and objective reality aren't exactly the same. What you're actually doing is exactly what you claim to dislike being done to you. And for the record, we don't really come to RA to debate. There are a billion sites like that. Try LetsRun.com. We come here to support and share. I know it sounds cheesy, but its true. If you really dig barefoot running, why not just get excited about it and loose the preaching and defensiveness? People will be interested. Nobody is ever interested in being told they're wrong, stupid, and weak. By the way - it would help if you'd make your log public. Not to sound like an elitist prick, but I tend to be a little more interested if this is sort of this is coming from an Olympic qualifier rather than an average schmoe who read an article on a website.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

over 9000!!!

1) The irony, of course, is that what you just described is exactly the opposite of the reality of this thread. You are attacking others - you are claiming your way is best, that shoes cause injury. 2) And for the record, we don't really come to RA to debate. There are a billion sites like that. Try LetsRun.com. 3) We come here to support and share. I know it sounds cheesy, but its true. If you really dig barefoot running, why not just get excited about it and loose the preaching and defensiveness? People will be interested. 4) By the way - it would help if you'd make your log public. Not to sound like an elitist prick, but I tend to be a little more interested if this is sort of this is coming from an Olympic qualifier rather than an average schmoe who read an article on a website.
      1) yep thats good irony. 2) You cant debate in RA?? sorry, i missed that in the terms of agreement. man, i miss coolrunning 3) ok. i will. 4) no way. i dont have time for that. and i am certainly not an average joe schmoe who just read an article. I live the barefoot life man. anyways, anyone can post some 100mi weeks on their log. that stuff shouldnt matter. lydiard wasn't an elite runner. my stats are impressive. and taking a year off from serious training to get into barefoot form kept me from kicking ryan hall's butt at the marathon trials. he actually sent me a letter thanking me for not showing up. oh well thanks for being our forum nanny tho

Lazy idiot

4) no way. i dont have time for that.
        interesting...

Tick tock

JakeKnight

4) no way. i dont have time for that. and i am certainly not an average joe schmoe who just read an article. I live the barefoot life man. anyways, anyone can post some 100mi weeks on their log. that stuff shouldnt matter. lydiard wasn't an elite runner. my stats are impressive. and taking a year off from serious training to get into barefoot form kept me from kicking ryan hall's butt at the marathon trials. he actually sent me a letter thanking me for not showing up. oh well
          Big grin Roll eyes Oh. A troll. Oops. Sigh. I realized he was young and immature. I just didn't realize how young. Of course you can debate, son. In good faith. Which you are plainly not. I'd be more than happy to settle this in Beijing, you barefoot, me in shoes. But the rest of the guys didn't want me stealing their thunder, so I'll be sitting it out this year. Man. Good luck in your "lifestyle, man." Sorry, gang. Didn't know I was feeding yet another troll.

over 9000!!!

oh calm down. i am not being a troll. that last part was for some comic relief. what, if you bust jokes then you are auto troll? lol... you guys are way too serious. I am done with this thread now. I am sure JK will come back so he can have the last word but I am moving on.

jules2

Wing Zero 2) You cant debate in RA?? sorry, i missed that in the terms of agreement. man, i miss coolrunning No problem I can give you directions its left out the door and second on the right.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

JakeKnight

lol... you guys are way too serious.
                Yup. That's us. Deadly serious. Hardly any jokes in these here parts. You should probably mosey on back to coolrunning, compadre. Leave the serious stuff to us serious types. I'm super serious.

Prophet!

growing up i barely wear shoes. It didn't make my feet stronger, just wider. Seriously, they are like duck feet. I guess i should take up swimming.
                  C-R

I'm super serious.
                    and I just won the Boston....no wait London...uhm I mean the Paris...... pub crawl. Hah bet you thought I was going to write marathon. I work in beer like Picasso workd in paints.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/