Do your Real life acquaintances know you are on an Internet Forum? (Read 781 times)

AutBatgirl

I just followed DJ Jan (and others) to a new website. Does this make me officially a stalker??

Well, we can't see you, so that is mighty suspicious.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

BIS

High Horse

"real life" acquaintances??

Where we come from you can buy real fake documents so please be patient.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

There are different internets?

In transit, arriving on time. 

Here you people are.  I see some familiar faces

dennrunner

Isn't this real life? No? Hmmm. Then I guess I need to get a life.

Village people

I just followed DJ Jan (and others) to a new website. Does this make me officially a stalker??

I thought you might be drowning your sorrows over more lost hockey games.

MrNamtor

Yeah but I don't really care and itt's not like I'm on some S&M forum

But then your avi would have a leather mask with a zipper on the mouth and your username would be something like "PainPig".

(Sounds like I know too much about this, doesn't it. Really its just from some limited online research I've done)

MrNamtor

you know one thing is that if you use a photo for your avi, and have used that photo on another site that has your real name on it, someone can do a google image search on that image and find those sites.

When I first posted on runnersworld, i was using a photo that I'd also used on my profile in a web developer's site. when i did a google search of the image, my real name, where i live and a bunch of details about my career (basically my resume) popped right up. Not that the stuffs that big of a secret but Im not sure i'd want just any random person to be able to pull that up.

jules2

"real life" acquaintances??

Beat me to it Ilene it's much  more hygienic to have acquaintances you don't have to be in physical contact with.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

bhearn

But then your avi would have a leather mask with a zipper on the mouth and your username would be something like "PainPig".

Not to be a jerk, but FYI, here it's called an avatar. Most people will have to figure out that's what you mean by "avi". To me, that's a movie file format. Smile
                      Purdey

Self anointed title

Beat me to it Ilene it's much  more hygienic to have acquaintances you don't have to be in physical contact with.

I met Jules IRL.  Luckily I didn't have to touch him.

#artbydmcbride

Like our relationship, Jules2!  Blush     ....never sweaty

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

I met Jules IRL.  Luckily I didn't have to touch him.

Big grin

Runners run

MrNamtor

Not to be a jerk, but FYI, here it's called an avatar. Most people will have to figure out that's what you mean by "avi". To me, that's a movie file format. Smile

I was referring to the movie format. You know, your avi would have leather mask with a zipper in the mouth. That would be the opening scene and it would go on from there.

bhearn

Oh, sounds good then.