70% Age Graded marathon in 2012 (Read 1741 times)

Good thing I am only willing to do 1 speed workout a week instead of 3 ...

3 speed workouts a week?  Wow, I've never seen a schedule like that (although I've mainly focused on the marathon or longer so not necessarily a surprise).  What kind of speed workouts would you be doing at 3/week?

3 speed workouts a week?  Wow, I've never seen a schedule like that (although I've mainly focused on the marathon or longer so not necessarily a surprise).  What kind of speed workouts would you be doing at 3/week?

It was quite common for in HS to do 3 speed hard workouts per /week (M, W, F).This was in the summer before the meets started.  Whether good or bad, it's what we did. If you don't get sick or injured, it elevates your fitness very quickly.

DoppleBock

When I started - I would do "Track Tuesday" Progressive Wednesday (15-20 miles with @ 4 mile @ MP and 2-4 miles faster) and a Saturday speed workout.  That was for a couple of years.

Later I did all my speed workouts as long runs ~ So every other day one week and 3 + a long easy run the next.  The mainstay workouts were 5x5 minutes @ CV with equal recovery, 4-5x2 mile at 1/2M pace, 20-25 minutes @ LAT, 5x1 mile a bit faster than LAT.

I would like to get back into doing 16-20 x 400 if I can keep my hamstring healthy - Another one I miss is 10 x 1/4 mile TM Hill repeats with 4-5% incline @ 10-11 MPH (Depending on how strong I am)

I also used to do 20-24 mile long runs with 8-12 miles Tempo.

Ideally I should be doing 2 speed workouts per week - But I am trying to be a jack of all trades and a master of none.  If I did 2 a week 1)  Would rotate through 16-20x400, 10x400 @ 4-5% incline and 5x5 @ CV and 2)  Rotate through the 5x1 mile - 10 mile tempos.

Reality is I will do mostly 5x5 minutes at CV and 4 miles @ T with an occassional 4 x 12 minutes at T.  1 hill grinding workout (2-4 hours of just going up and down a hill slow to moderately over and over.  1 Hilly, technical trail run each week.  With an occassional 30-40 mile run.

I have this fantasy at running a decent Glacial 50M this fall - I would like to beat my PR of 7:50.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Did 5K and  10K at the 70%. Would need to drop 7:37 off my PR for the marathon to hit the 70% .A goal for 2013 is 3:30 which is 70%. Who knew!

BQ 55-59 3:40-- 66.99%--3:38--67% which is probably what is needed to get in to Boston.

BQ 18-34 3:05-66.57%--3:03--68.26

Now to all those wanting to BQ. 70% in AG is where you need to be in your races.Time to get some hardware! Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I have this fantasy at running a decent Glacial 50M this fall - I would like to beat my PR of 7:50.

You have plenty of time to train for that, and if the course is ~45 minutes slower than IAT, it should be no problem for you.  Are you doing Superior 100 this year too?