What Restaurant Chain Makes the Best Burger (Read 423 times)

SheCan

Other then at local cafes, I never order burgers anywhere except fast food restaurants.  My favorites are Sonic and Wendy's.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

RunnJoe

Hands down Fuddruckers!

Hmm Fuddruckers.  It would appear that I'd have to drive 3 hrs south to Portland to get one.  So please stop telling me they are the best.

I like 5 guys ok, but I don't dream about them.  Heh.

I like Red Robin fries, with Ranch dip.  They used to have another dip you could ask for, for free, that was really good but I forget what it was, maybe cucumber dill or something, and anyway they don't have it anymore so moot point.  But, the burgers themselves are mediocre.

Licks in Canada are good, but, not as good as before they became a chain.  Think, Oakville.

Can we talk about poutine now?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Five Guys and In N Out.  Both are 2 miles from my house and we usually pick one or the other based on how much of a hurry we are in and if the kids want milkshakes (In and Out has them, Five Guys doesn't).  Five Guys has online ordering so I can place my order and pick it up and it's ready.  Makes it nice for those nights where we are in a hurry.  When I'm really hungry, I like In and Out because I'll get a 4x4.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So I hear so much about this in and out, or whatever it is called. Should I fly out to Cali to check it out? I don't eat meat; should I that one time? Cuz folks are religious over the place.

xhristopher

I'm partial to Panera's bacon burgers, especially with their onion rings.

Better I Leave

So I hear so much about this in and out, or whatever it is called. Should I fly out to Cali to check it out? I don't eat meat; should I that one time? Cuz folks are religious over the place.

Save your money. Their only gimmick and "claim to fame" is that they don't have a freezer (i.e. everything is delivered daily), but their burgers are good...not stellar. Five Guys is better and even Carls Jr makes a better burger than In n' Out. If we're talkin' chain...I'll take a Carls Jr Super Star w/ cheese over In n' Out any day of the week.

You don't need to fly all the way to Cali.  They have them in Texas.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Birdwell

I tried a Freddy's Steakburger tonight. Burger was decent, fries were good, a little different (more like shoestring fries, really thin).

The hot dog was great, the custard was good.

In n Out is good if you're in the area. One of those things you should do, just to say you've done it. Who knows, you may get hooked, and feel the need to eat there more and more. (Kind of like this little marathon in Nashville, I've heard. you know, the one with a few little hills, and some ungodly menace on the course?)

Comparing it to 5 Guys (or even carls junior) is apples to oranges, though.

Better I Leave

Comparing it to 5 Guys (or even carls junior) is apples to oranges, though.

Agreed. Kinda like charbroiled (5 Guys and Carls) to fried (In n' Out and McDonalds).

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Ironic choice of words...they're a Christian company, or at least run by Christians...the cups and fry containers have Bible verses printed on them (though not very prominently).

They're actually becoming part of my post-marathon ritual, one of those foods I can't quite justify eating unless I've just run about that many miles.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Better I Leave

Ironic choice of words...they're a Christian company, or at least run by Christians...the cups and fry containers have Bible verses printed on them (though not very prominently).

They're actually becoming part of my post-marathon ritual, one of those foods I can't quite justify eating unless I've just run about that many miles.

That's very cool. because my "post marathon ritual" has become a Carl's Super Star because, like yourself, I can't quite justify eating something like that unless I've earned it. LOL!

Not dead. Yet.

What did this thread have to do with religion?  I'm not sure how you managed to make it from burgers to god...

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

komen96

Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I hear they got some tasty burgers. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegetarian which pretty much makes me a vegetarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger.

Mysecondnewname

What did this thread have to do with religion?  I'm not sure how you managed to make it from burgers to god...

mab411 was just responding to another comment by Trent ("Cuz folks are religious over the place"): ( Please see below)

Quote from Trent on 5/18/2013 at 10:04 PM: