Has there actually been that much change in shoe technology? (Read 678 times)

bjoiner

Ok, I can see that shoes today are much better than they were back in the day, but is there really that much improvement from generation to generation? My last 7-8 pairs of Asics pretty much felt the same, although getting the "latest and greatest" shoe runs you about 40 dollars extra. So what is the latest (non-gimmicky) advance in the state of the art?
      Heelys Big grin Nice Shox?

Vim

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Heelys Big grin Nice Shox?
        Heelys - ack ack ack!! Annoying and dangerous. I haven't seen as many around lately. Maybe all the little buggers had accidents on them.
        VictorN

I can see that shoes today are much better than they were back in the day
          I'm not convinced that is true. Marketing is better, but I don't think shoes are better. My favorites always end up being simple, light-weight flats, or no-nonsense gimmick free shoes from the less popular brands. My favorite pair is still an old pair of Asics Racers, from the 80's. Victor
            The best, and longest-lasting running shoes I've ever owned were Nike Air Pegasus, 1988. Seems shoes have gotten lighter, which is nice, but not necessarily better. Just my $.02.
            Do bears bear? Do bees be?