Stevie Ray asks a pre-Christmas favor (Read 1532 times)

I will make sure to listen, srlopez.  It will bring back memories of my visit to the Big Island last year and increase even more my anticipation for my return visit next May. Good luck for whatever you must go through over the next couple of days, and best wishes for the holidays.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

I hope for the best for you and your family, Stevie Ray. Thanks for the link, I will definitely listen.

In transit, arriving on time. 

kcam

OK.  I'll tune in on the drive home from my race tomorrow.

I'll be listening on my drive north.

Wishing the best for you.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I'll give it a listen, and pray for you during that time.  Whatever it is, hope it works out.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Julia1971

A Saucy Wench

Absolutely!  Maybe I'll even dress my kids up in grass skirts and do the hula. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Thanks folks.

This landed in the weird zone of being super cryptic for some, like what we call "vaguebooking"... as if I'm fishing for folks to ask me about it and say "there there" and stuff.  No to the first, maybe a little yes to the second :-/.   (slantyclaus is for knifey).  Hey, I'm honest.

Anyway, it's a health thing. My bone marrow is a whiny little punk. Which turns my blood into a whiny little punk.  Sometimes it is worse than others. I bring it up periodically here, which is why this wasn't intended to be that cryptic... probably more often than I should, but hey, it has shaped my life over the past twenty years... usually in terms of stuff that has happened in the past. 

It is trying to come back, and I've been trying to pull a Gandalf ("you shall not pass") on it for a few months.  Some weeks are better than other weeks.

Sunday and Monday, I have the next round of seemingly endless tests to see what's what.  I won't go into it here, but anyone who wants to know more can PM me.  The tests kind of suck. I've had them all before. I know what's what.

Why the thread?  Because planets aligned such that this gets to be my Christmas present to myself. I hope Jesus doesn't mind the Gandalf reference. I'd take good vibes and magic from Dumbledore too. If he wasn't dead.

Anyway.  For to please and mahalo.

(KAPA is currently playing my favorite sad song in the universe right now.  Go me!)

jfa

Cool Stevie.

Imminent Catastrophe

Oh. I thought it was gender reassignment. 

I'll be listening.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I gotta be ME!

I'll do the listening thing, Stevie Ray. Sending a few vibes along too.

Is it OK for a haole whose Hawaiian roots only go back six generations to say "mahalo?"

bhearn

Will do. Good luck.

I'll tune in for sure. Sending you luck and good vibes.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I will tune in and think of you!

I'll have to get there one day.  I try not to be jealous that my 13-year-old got to go with a friend and her family, but I don't succeed.