"lost" miles on log. (Read 674 times)

Former CR person here. VERY happy in general with this log, but when I went today's run, I noticed my overall mileage was down by, say, 30ish miles from what I had yesterday. Any idea what might have happened? I didn't delete any runs, but I did fill out a profile and clicked to share my log today. I did also hide or retire an old pair of shoes. But that couldn't have done it, could it? Still VERY happy here.
      bump
        Former CR person here. VERY happy in general with this log, but when I went today's run, I noticed my overall mileage was down by, say, 30ish miles from what I had yesterday. Any idea what might have happened? I didn't delete any runs, but I did fill out a profile and clicked to share my log today. I did also hide or retire an old pair of shoes. But that couldn't have done it, could it? Still VERY happy here.
        Did you retire the shoes or delete them? Retiring the shoes won't harm anything - that will just remove them from the shoe drop down list in the running log (but it won't disappear until the next day). Deleting the shoes might delete the run - not sure about that. I seem to remember deleting a course deleting some associated runs but it was a long time ago so I'm fuzzy on the specifics.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

hmmm. i wonder if i could undelete the shoes somehow. i will check into that.
          eric :)

dnephin, I don't know how you could lose miles unless you deleted them explicitly. The only way to do that is if you click delete on each entry. You can't delete a shoe if you've used it on a run. The math is based on your run entries. The only logical explanation is that you remembered it wrong? Please keep an eye out for it and let me know if it happens again. eric Smile
              Did you modify a course description. If you change the distance on a course or accidently delete the distance, it will change every entry which you recorded as on that course.