things not to do while running (Read 1719 times)

take your eyes off the road to converse with walkers/runners going the opposite direction. when I turned back to the front, my foot hit some iceplant, and I went flying....
    Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."

tech geek

Eat something with lots of garlic. even hours before.
        I'm right there with you on this one. I can't stop eating garlic, so now I just keep a small ziplock of Tums in the pouch of my water bottle.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Kings Canyon NP 07'

On a long run no matter how badly you have to take a 'number two', avoid the poison ivy.

left-right-left-right-repeat

Rim Rock Dad

Alright, the running while puking thing was NASTY! Tight lipped And to think those guys had someone laughing at them in the background. Roll eyes Things not to do while running: 1. If you have one of those hats for drinking 2 beers at once, stop. You'll bruise the beer, or worse, spill it. 2. If you run with your dog, don't try to pick up the deposit while running. You're not that flexible, and you'll make the mess about 10' long. 3. When you do #2, don't let the T.P. stick to your shoe and leave it. If it looks funny when one is walking, its even funnier when running. And for the nipple thing, I saw this guy at the Bolder Boulder this year crossing the finish line and it looked like he had a striped shirt. Shocked I thank God that they make Body Glide.
            James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
            Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Poop your pants . . . . yeah, have had personal experience with that one . . . Undecided
              You're not the only one. Worst. Run. Ever.
              Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Don't go here; just knowing that it exists is bad enough! http://www.runningwhilepuking.com/
                HAD to go there, so I deserved what I got. Worked out quite well for Bob Kempainen, though. I think he put more effort into his training than these folks.
                  Run past a racecourse when it's hot and you're feeling queasy. STINKS!!!!

Imminent Catastrophe

Get lost running... In a foreign country... where you don't speak the language... and don't know how to get back to your hotel Confused Did that twice last year. Time for a GPS watch, maybe?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Gig

play air guitar to a song playing on yor ipod Big grin
                      Why not?! Cool You should avoid picking fights with park benches. Those bastards are tough. Embarrassed
                        You're not the only one. Worst. Run. Ever.
                        Oh ab-so-lute-ly! So there I am, in the dark a.m. hours, about 2 miles from home, no cell phone, and thinking: "@$%*! Now what?!?" I also like the comments about cars stopping for you and people walking 3 abreast giving up an inch of sidewalk. I just sort of run right through them, when I'm feeling mean. Evil grin

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Kenotic Runner

Eat 1 dozen doughnuts: <>
                          I remember one out-and-back ten miler where there was a Krispy Kreme, coincidentally, at the five mile turn-around point. I just ate one though. Anyhow, to add to the list... Get bit by a dog. Get chased by a territorial free range cow.
                          btb1490

Actually, eating garlic before has it's benefits. I ran with buddy of mine one hot summer morning, the day after a garlic fest for dinner. We ran trails, and the black flies were out in force. Well, strangely enough, they were eating my buddy alive, yet none of them came near me cuz I reeked so badly of garlic.

Gotta TRI

Why not?! Cool I have not mastered the air guitar while running, Something like chewing gum while walking I guess Big grin
                              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon