Can my symptoms be connected to nutrition depletion? (Read 230 times)

timoria

Hi Runners,

From two years I am suffering from a list of strange symptoms, no doctor could help me yet. I am now suspecting nutrition depletion. What do you think?

Here are my 7 episodes details

Thanks!

drrbradford

Anxiety.

timoria

Thanks for your comment drrbradford, as you see on the notes on the far right side of the table I have been under Citalopram for 6 months and the issue occurred the same. Citalopram pills removes anxiety completely from you.

SillyC

Hi Runners,

From two years I am suffering from a list of strange symptoms, no doctor could help me yet. I am now suspecting nutrition depletion. What do you think?

Here are my 7 episodes details

Thanks!

Timoria,  can you get referred to the "big city" hospital's neurology department?  Or the hospital at the closest university?  It sounds like your symptoms are either cardiac or neurological.  Often, local doctors will only have experience treating the most common conditions, and will send the more complicated patients elsewhere.  Don't give up on doctors!

I don't know what you mean by "nutrient depletion".  Are you in an english speaking country?  Because "nutrient depletion" isn't a medical condition in english.  Do you mean "hypoglycemia"?  I have that, and it definitely has caused me to get dizzy while running, but it's way more predictable, the symptoms are way less dramatic, and the treatment is a can of soda or some candy.  Or do you mean Vitamin B12?  B12 depletion can cause things like what you're describing, but not in episodes.  I would think your doctors would have already tried that, though.

Best wishes.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Citalopram pills removes anxiety completely from you.

This is incorrect. Anxiety is an incredibly difficult to treat illness that has no good single approach. Typically, anxiety is a chronic illness that waxes and wanes, with any medical or cognitive treatment there just to make it easier to function.

L Train

Bourbon removes anxiety.

Jon the Freshman

II feel like the vertigo and dizziness you may be experiencing could be calcifications in your inner ear.  They may build up between your episodes and then release during the early part of your activity, hence the 'running 45'' diagnosis. The problem with this theory is your cut down on dairy consumption, but your body may be gathering it from other sources.

I think overall the way I would approach this is to try acupuncture for a while and see if it has any effect on your symptoms. Acupuncture can be very good for these types of problems and is well regulated and covered by some insurances.

Feeling smart today, so since you seem to have been tested for most serious causes, here's my take, any one of the below has triggered a migraine like headache for me with attendant symptoms of loss of balance, blurred vision (very temporary), the headache lasts a while.

I don't really get migraines, nor am a very anxious person in general.

Low blood Sugar

ran too fast for your current fitness

Dehydration

Stopped abruptly after the workout/bent over to remove shoes/plopped on the couch after the run

Other possible causes

Migraine

Anxiety

Paint fumes (environment)

Bourbon removes anxiety.

If only for a little while.

Runners run

Hip Redux

Has anyone suggested vasovagal syncope?  While your symptoms aren't classic in terms of fainting or near fainting, there's a lot of whacky stuff that can happen when the brains sends incorrect signals to the cardiovascular system.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anyhow, these could just be migraines.

L Train

Bourbon gives me headaches.

Kalsarikännit

Bourbon gives me headaches.

Your face gives me headaches.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

Your face gives me headaches.

+1

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

If only for a little while.

Sadly, this.

steph