Garmin 310x Communicator (Read 1502 times)

My 310XT is acting up too. RA detects the 405 but won't detect the 310XT. The Garmin test page doesn't detect it either, although I've unpaired/paired it and reset it. Any ideas?

MTA:  OK after doing multiple resets and restarts it seems to be working again. Persistence pays.

Can explain this procedure? 

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Imminent Catastrophe

Hold the mode and power buttons down simultaneously. When it says "Delete all user data?" select yes. It will delete everything and reset to the factory settings. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Damn Garmin.  I don't know what's going on.  Does anyone have this problem?

Yes - GPS not detected :-/

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)
        HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Anyone get beyond this yet?  On a mac.... removed all garmin software (ANT, communicator, training center) and have reinstalled.  Not having anymore luck with it seeing my device.  Manually able to upload GPX files that I've exported from Garmin connect.

Thx

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)

Anyone get beyond this yet?  On a mac.... removed all garmin software (ANT, communicator, training center) and have reinstalled.  Not having anymore luck with it seeing my device.  Manually able to upload GPX files that I've exported from Garmin connect.

Thx

I've tried all the suggestions and its still not working. I am currently uploading the .fit file from the file uploader so as long as that is working, I'm not complaing.

Can you upload the .fit file?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Hold the mode and power buttons down simultaneously. When it says "Delete all user data?" select yes. It will delete everything and reset to the factory settings. 

That sucked and didn't help at all.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

It just worked for me - no clue why but it did.

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)

Imminent Catastrophe

That sucked and didn't help at all.

Geez, sorry. Just trying to help.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Anyone else still having issues?  PC/Mac.... chrome/explorer/firefox .... still doesn't see it.

• Black Canyon 100k
                    • RRR
                    • Zane Grey 100k
                    • High Lonesome 100
                    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                    • The Bear 100
                    • Javelina Jundred (?)

Anyone else still having issues?  PC/Mac.... chrome/explorer/firefox .... still doesn't see it.

Still not working for me. I'm importing the .fit files now.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Thanks. Y'all just talked me out of the Garmin 310XT.

Thanks. Y'all just talked me out of the Garmin 310XT.

Unless you are doing triathlons/duathlons or really long workouts where you need the extra battery life, I don't see the need for a 310 or 910xt. I'm not sure WTF is going on with the upload, but import from file is working great. Its just a couple extra clicks and is really not a big deal to me.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

The only trouble I've had with my 310xt  and RA interaction was the issue with duplicate imports - but that's fixed now.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I haven't had any problems with mine (yet) but then I have only had it for a few weeks.  

I'm using a Mac w/Safari.

I do have to wait a while for it to up load to Garmin Connect.  Once that is done it loads fine to RA and Training Center.  

As far as I can tell it must up load to garmin connect before it will do any thing else.   Very annoying since  

I don't use Garmin Connect at all.

For me, it is a great replacement for the 305.  

steph  

Unless you are doing triathlons/duathlons or really long workouts where you need the extra battery life, I don't see the need for a 310 or 910xt. I'm not sure WTF is going on with the upload, but import from file is working great. Its just a couple extra clicks and is really not a big deal to me.

I like the waterproof feature of the 310XT for running in the rain. My 205 came back to life but some downpours resulted in water and condensation inside.