Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

What a thing of beauty! After getting screwed by my old trusty refurbed 201 in a run earlier in the week (it suddenly lost signal), and seeing this was a new feature, I finally broke down and got a new 205. Installed the stuff on my Mac and it works beautifully (tried it with a "dummy run" of 5 seconds going 2 feet). THANK YOU ERIC! Big grin

TRUST THE PROCESS

Old Running Guy!

Thanks Eric for the Garmin Import. It is sweet, I have been using it for all my runs this week and I think it is cool. I did a problem with the importer freezing up at 19% once and 29% the other time. I got out of it by closing out of RA and signing in again. It worked perfectly after that. Somebody else has probably reported this already. Thanks again for the best running website. Big grin Big grin Harold

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
      Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run

TrailDoc

TrailDoc

New user, have to say after working with other logs, this is the best! Thanks for putting out such a great product.

2014 Goals: sub-3:10 Vancouver Marathon, Leadville 50M, UltraTrail du Mont Blanc 100K

sherio

Love the GPS integration but I've had problems with the upload several times. It stops occasionally during "receiving tracks" and freezes up my browser so that I have to shut it down. This has happened to me in IE and FF. It just happened about 10 minutes ago in fact (in FF), so it wasn't solved with your recent bug fix. Also, the time of day that it uploaded wasn't DST though my garmin has the right time. Or maybe that's a problem with my garmin setup? Otherwise, when it works, it's like magic! Thank you! Sheri
          eric :)

sherio, Someone else had a similar problem and he fixed it by doing a hard reset (press and hold "Mode" and "Reset" buttons for several seconds). If possible, you should download all your data to Training Center first so you won't lose any data. Please let me know if that helped. eric Smile

Double IPA Please!

I am now having an issue again. Ugh. It is telling me there are no new files to download and there is..I hook up my Garmin and then when I download it goes through like its receiving the information and then says there is no new information?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Iamdenise, Don't you have your own thread for this sort of stuff? Tongue Have you tried unchecking "Upload latest workouts only"? That should upload everything and you can save the ones you want and delete the rest. Let me know how that goes.

Double IPA Please!

Iamdenise, Don't you have your own thread for this sort of stuff? Tongue Have you tried unchecking "Upload latest workouts only"? That should upload everything and you can save the ones you want and delete the rest. Let me know how that goes.
                  lolol..sorry..Im an attention whore (shut it honey) apparently Big grin Okay..Ill try that. Thanks!

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Imminent Catastrophe

As an aside, I wish the Garmin software would smooth out the pace/speed graphs to take out all the big spikes and make a nice line. There has to be a smoothing function to average those spikes out:

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Running AHEAD does include a smoothing line on that graph.

Russ, I'm creating a list of enhancements for GPS graphing. I'm considering allowing you to specify the smoothing range, as well as whether to hide the actual data so you can better see the smoothed graph.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

Running AHEAD does include a smoothing line on that graph.
                          Yes, I see that, but it's still ugly. Eric, that would be cool! MTA: Same for heart rate, some missing data points that read zero could be dropped out to make a better graph: BTW I think it's kind of funny that there's a -20 on that heart rate graph Big grin

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, I see that, but it's still ugly
                            You need to even out your pace better Wink

Imminent Catastrophe

You need to even out your pace better Wink
                              Yes, and apparently my heart rate too (see above). It keeps going to 0!