Masters sub-4 video (Read 462 times)

Apologies if this was already posted but I did a quick search and didn't see it. I read about Anthony Whiteman's outdoor masters sub-4 mile last weekend but didn't realize it had been captured on video. Great stuff. Thanks Flotrack!

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.

Anthony is very local to me and is a Personal Trainer in the next town. I have lined up with him in a couple of local races and due to a rather bizarre turn of events I managed to finish ahead of him in one road 10K this year (I take my victories where I get them). Due to a change of route on a race he had probably run many times in the past he ignored (or misheard) a Marshal and went the wrong way. He eventually got back on route but realising his mistake (and still leading the race) he sportingly stepped aside just before the finish line and got a DNF.

He is a great ambassador for the sport and often gives talks and hosts presentation evenings for local clubs. I believe he has designs on many of the M40 records and given his ability is likely to get them. Still an amazing athlete. He has a website here -

http://anthonywhiteman.com/

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Interval Junkie --Nobby

What an odd running style.

Hats off to him.

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 08/28: Slowly working back up from a pelvic stress fracture.  4mil distance PR w00t!

Sweet. Had heard about it up hadn't watched the VOD yet.

Thanks!

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

I got to see this live, and I was standing right on the track in the infield. He is a large and powerful runner, a true mile/800 guy (his 1:48.low is--if possible--even more impressive). I talked with him a bit after the race--a very vital and engaging guy.