Skin cancer and hat help? (Read 84 times)

princesscards

Hello--I recently had a basal cell removed from my face and am looking for a longer than average brimmed hat for running.  Most typical mesh/wicking hats have 2-3 inch brims, which can leave a good part of the face uncovered.  I do longer distances and live and run at high altitude, so the sun is strong and I tend to sweat off a lot of sunscreen.  Any ideas?

Thanks!!

an amazing likeness

I don't have personal experience with this bad boy, but Headsweats.com specifically lists this as having more coverage.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

princesscards

Thanks!!

If you don't care about looking a little goofy just find yourself a real hat (not a glorified baseball cap) and get on with life.  I run every day at noon so sun exposure is a problem for me.  I worry about my neck as well as my face so I wear a Tilley hat most days and got over the look a long time ago!  Something like this ...

tomatolover

I'm always on the lookout for a full-face protection running hat and have yet to find anything that is run-worthy.  Saw this after I read your post and believe it's a new product by a sun-hat company.

http://www.sundayafternoons.com/shop-by-activity/running-active-sport/sprinter-cap.html

This company does make other hats for full sun protection and I've tried on a couple at a local store, but wasn't thrilled with them.

Should you find something in your search, please post here- I'm still looking for the ultimate sunrun hat.