I cheated on my garmin today with an ex.... (Read 1189 times)

and it was good. The timex ironman, nice to not be looking at my pace every 30 seconds.
    invisible

Cheating is terrible! Do unto others, you know. Smile Just don't look, or set it to peep when you're not on pace.
      90 percent of the game is not giving up.
        and it was good. The timex ironman, nice to not be looking at my pace every 30 seconds.
        This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I have a 201 series, and the more I used it, the more I found myself looking at it...frowning...etc. It was such a relief when I started leaving it at home and just going out with a watch, I suddenly felt free again.

~J

invisible

That evil mind controlling Garmin! Shocked
          90 percent of the game is not giving up.
            What do you call it when you run with no watch at all? Evil grin
              I think there was a famous Seinfeld episode about that.
                going solo

Vim

I think there was a famous Seinfeld episode about that.
                  Same episode of GK's shrinky dink?

Vim

No, "master of my domain"

The shirtless wonder

Commando?
                        That works. Cool A lot better than the only one I could come up with. (Euphemism for riding a horse without a saddlle....) Tight lipped

My sweet new crank!

when i run sans Garmin, i call it running Naked...
                          Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
                            when i run sans Garmin, i call it running Naked...
                            I feel the same way! With my garmin (heart rate monitor) and Ipod I almost feel like a cyborg
                            Sulli42

Independence Wink
                                crazy (I wish I could, but just can't do it. In fact, I just ordered a Garmin 305....into the data abyss I go. can't wait.)

2008 Goals: 10k < 44, HM < 1:40, learn to use my Garmin