Data security (Read 1021 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Could we get an option just to be emailed the top ten snarks of the week instead?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Wow. The only single point of failure is Eric. Eric, have you looked into cloning yourself and putting a duplicate copy in a different location to protect against thermo-nuclear attack?
      Actually Eric, not to think of the worst, because apparantly you already have, but is there someone else that could restore the data if you are incapacitated/out of the country/in jail/etc?

Sine Metu

Hi Eric. While we're on the topic, what about database threats such as SQL injection and the like? I only ask because I've recently had to take this into consideration for some of my sites.

A lot of pressure in the middle of those shoulders / And we ain't gettin nothing but older / Ain't nothing change but the day we run from / But nobody knows that better than you,huh

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Actually Eric, not to think of the worst, because apparantly you already have, but is there someone else that could restore the data if you are incapacitated/out of the country/in jail/etc?
          If there were ever a good argument for cloning, THIS is it! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Boy, you guys are glum! Couldn't you all collectively wish that I'll live to a ripe old age of at least 40? I guess I should create a will and pick a successor...
            Hi Eric. While we're on the topic, what about database threats such as SQL injection and the like? I only ask because I've recently had to take this into consideration for some of my sites.
            I don't want to give out too much details of how the site operates. After all, obscurity is a form of security. SQL injection is not a problem for the site.
              Boy, you guys are glum! Couldn't you all collectively wish that I'll live to a ripe old age of at least 40? I guess I should create a will and pick a successor...
              Buy a robot Big grin

Vim

Hey, just sayin.... I've been incommunicado for various reasons for months at a time. Some people around here would go nuts if they lost their data for that long. It's obviously more of an issue for someone in my line of work, but I wasn't thinking about you dying, just away at that critical time. edited because I can't spell dying.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, just sayin.... I've been incommunicado for various reasons for months at a time.
                  You're really James Bond, aren't you? Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If there were ever a good argument for cloning, THIS is it!
                    Yeah, but be careful. You ever see Multiplicity? It gets a little out of hand if you have too many Erics running around. Especially if the Erics decide to clone themselves. Ya know, how a copy of a copy isn't quite as good as the original? Just sayin'.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You're really James Bond, aren't you? Evil grin
                      I wish I drove an Aston...... and had the expense account!
                      eric :)

Hey, just sayin.... I've been incommunicado for various reasons for months at a time. Some people around here would go nuts if they lost their data for that long. It's obviously more of an issue for someone in my line of work, but I wasn't thinking about you dieing, just away at that critical time.
                        Luckily for you, I don't like traveling. Occasionally, I do have to leave my sty but there are people on here that know how to get a hold of me should anything happens.