Linear Listing of all Race Calendar Entries within the Year (Read 848 times)

Running on the ocean

Eric,

The calendar feature is great. What I do miss is a feature where I could see all my races I added to my calendar in a single page list.

Maybe we could checkmark a calendar entry as a race. Then I could call a feature which lists all my calendar entries I marked as a race on a single page for a general overview.

This is just a though. Not really necessary...

Thanks,
    Jakob Herrmann

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
    -- Jakob Herrmann
    my running achievements

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Click:

Training Log

Reports

New Search

Then:

- Date Range [last year]

- Activity [select run]

- Workout Type [select race]

Search

Once you have the list, you can "save as" and then publish it to your log.

Running on the ocean

Trent,

Thanks for your post. The idea is to see your future races. A feature I can click on and then see a list of all my future races something like this:

http://screencast.com/t/ircRskiVOwFy

Those are actually my races so far for this year and I entered them all into my runningahead calendar. The feature would show all those races in a way like that screen shot.

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
        -- Jakob Herrmann
        my running achievements

Running on the ocean

Here's another example of a feature I currently use:

http://rs.ultraholics.com/?fid=1072484615

but I would love to move all my running related stuff to runningahead.com including my future race planning calendar.

-- Jakob Herrmann
          my running achievements

an amazing likeness

To do what you describe, some folks enter future events into their Workout log -- date / time / workout type = race.   Then they will included in the listing per Trent's suggestion.

The 'heart' of RunningAhead's log is the workout log, everything else (reports, widgets, graphs)  -- calendar included -- is just consuming content in the log and presenting it in different presentation layers.  So, if you want something to appear, it needs to be injected via the workout log.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Running on the ocean

Thank you MilkTruck,

I didn't think it what way and it's a great suggestion.

Thank you!

Jakob

-- Jakob Herrmann
              my running achievements

kcam

To do what you describe, some folks enter future events into their Workout log -- date / time / workout type = race.   Then they will included in the listing per Trent's suggestion.

The 'heart' of RunningAhead's log is the workout log, everything else (reports, widgets, graphs)  -- calendar included -- is just consuming content in the log and presenting it in different presentation layers.  So, if you want something to appear, it needs to be injected via the workout log.

Don't think this will get what ur2 wants.  I keep most of my FUTURE races logged as future EVENTS.  But you cannot do a report that will list FUTURE workouts or events. The reports only grab workouts that have already been done.  I think getting a list of future events you have planned is a very useful feature.

Try changing the date range and you will see that you CAN report on future events.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Once you have the list, you can "save as" and then publish it to your log.

I'm confused re "publish it to your log."  I followed your directions, hit "save as," and then the confusion set in (it's sort of a constant state of being for me.)

Never mind.  I see what happened. Blush

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

kcam

Getting there!  I didn't realize you could report out to future events.  Thanks for that tip.

But still doesn't work.  I have future races (and workouts) listed as 'events'.  They show up as "unknown" on the reports section with no information as to what they are.  Might be able to workaround it by fooling with changing them from event to race or something else but it's still not anywhere near a clean solution.

eric :)

The proper solution is to have add an event calendar.  I rather not just whip something up quickly and take the time to do it right so I don't have to worry about compatibility.  For now, you'll have to make do with the current system.