smoke free (Read 1677 times)

Feeling the growl again

all three of us really wanted to quit.    

I think this is a common theme with most any addiction.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Congratulations to everyone who has kicked smoking.  What a 'plus' in life - replace cigarette smoking with running. 

all three of us really wanted to quit.    

This. I smoked until I didn't want to anymore. I didn't use any drugs or nicotine replacement. I went cold turkey and met the withdrawal head-on and said "F#@K you!" to it. I got mad at it. Lighting up a cig again would be weak. Not that there's anything wrong with other treatments - whatever works. The point is that I had to want to do it. I didn't even keep track of the date. I can't remember the date or even exactly how many years it's been. I made it that unimportant to me. 

Nader, have your family watch the movie "Dead Again" Big grin Smoking through a tracheostemy tube is stomach turning. And I loved Robin Williams' character, Cozy Carlisle:

COZY CARLISLE: Mr. Church?
        MIKE CHURCH: Yeah?
        COZY CARLISLE: Someone is either a smoker or a non-smoker, there's no in-between. The trick is to find out which one you are and be that.
        MIKE CHURCH: Well, you know, I'm trying to quit.
        COZY CARLISLE: Don't tell me you're trying to quit. People who're trying to quit are basically pussies who cannot commit. Find out which one you are. Be that. That's it. If you're a non-smoker, you'll know.

7 months and going strong. Come on St Jude Marathon!
            7 months and going strong. Come on St Jude Marathon!

The hardest part is long behind you. Congrats!

old woman w/hobby

The hardest part is long behind you. Congrats!

yes! and well doneSmile

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

R2E

"run" "to" "eat"

the thing that finally helped me quit smoking was skoal.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Snuff did the trick for me.