Stevie Ray asks a pre-Christmas favor (Read 1532 times)

Can someone explain to me how network CBS circa late 70s got away with a character named "Cooter" on Dukes of Hazard?

mahalo

-----True Story... And I know I will lose massive cool points for saying this.... My Dad's Nickname in the '70's as called by his own mother was "Cooter".  Hey, it was a different time then!  Didn't have the connotation then that it did now.  I notice no one calls him that in modern times though, that is for certain.  (I am losing ever more cool points for admitting this top secret family shit, I know :-)

I used to love watching Dukes of Hazzard when I was a young kid in the early '80's.  I had the idea... For a moment... of naming my twins "Bo" and "Luke".  But that passed very, very quickly.  Like in a nanosecond.  --Hell, I got enough grief in the '80's for being named "Kris with a K" long before having that name with a K as a boy was cool.... (Still not Cool, but at least Kasey Kahne has broken the barrier on such "k" names for dudes.

What was the main point?  Oh!  Yes.  2 points... 1.  Perfessors since of humor I like :-) and more important, #2,  SRL, I hope that all turns out fine and that you are through the woods for a good long while and have a superb 2013 racing season.  What event are you looking most forward to in 2013 if I may ask?

The Plan '15 edition (big parts)→  /// April '15:  Hampton, VA 24 Hour Run for Cancer  (Goal: >80.1+Miles)  ///   Run streak, at least a mile every single day for 365.  ∞

xor

New Year's Eve, 2013.

New Year's Eve, 2013.

The "Peanut Island" 24-Hour New Years Eve 2013 race in FL?

(Or did I completely miss a joke here?) :-)

The Plan '15 edition (big parts)→  /// April '15:  Hampton, VA 24 Hour Run for Cancer  (Goal: >80.1+Miles)  ///   Run streak, at least a mile every single day for 365.  ∞

You got this. You are SR freaking L!

...listen to the thunder

So far so good!  Glad to hear it!

Run, Eat, Repeat.

I don't get any of the jokes and references, but I'm glad there is good news for the important systems. Hopefully that includes the transport system.

And in the end...

The "Peanut Island" 24-Hour New Years Eve 2013 race in FL?

(Or did I completely miss a joke here?) :-)

I suspect the 'event' is simply NYE 2013... as in, another year.  Funny thing is, none of us know if we get another year, but a few of us really know just how precious and precarious that proposition is... so, live like you're dying... because, really, you are.  We all are.

------------------------

The GITM is moot.

rebuilding r2th v2.0

I don't get any of the jokes and references, but I'm glad there is good news for the important systems.

+1 on both points. I thought this was a non-native american-english speaker thing for #1....

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Outstanding, SRL, very, very glad to hear the good update.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

MrNamtor

DON'T TREAD ON ME

SRL, I have never been able to even figure out how you do what you do, and how you are who you are. All i know is that I don't think there's anything on earth that is seriously going to stop you in the foreseeable future.