Sharing my log with my coach, or other runners (Read 993 times)

Hi, new here. I've navigated around this site and did not see the FAQ or set of instructions on how to share my log with a coach. Is there a link? Thanks in advance for the help.
      Hi, new here. I've navigated around this site and did not see the FAQ or set of instructions on how to share my log with a coach. Is there a link? Thanks in advance for the help.
      Go to Options->My Log Preferences. Choose Allow anyone with this password to view my log: and enter a password. Then only people you give the password to can see your log.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Roots ... At present your log is public (I can see it) but your profile is not public (use Options/My Profile and tick the tickbox to make the profile public). To share your log with your coach just use the URL at the top of your browser when your log is being displayed and send that to him/her. Hope that helps ... this is probably a good one to add to the FAQ! Modified to add ... Bonkin's advice is better than mine (quicker and more accurate!!) Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

relayman

Hi, also a new user ( former coolrunning user). I'm a private running coach and want to set workouts a week at a time for my clients with them in-putting info for me to review. What's the best way to do that. Again, thank you for helping us lost souls from Cool-Running. Relayman www.teambenfield.com Coach B
            Hi, also a new user ( former coolrunning user). I'm a private running coach and want to set workouts a week at a time for my clients with them in-putting info for me to review. What's the best way to do that. Again, thank you for helping us lost souls from Cool-Running. Relayman www.teambenfield.com Coach B
            I would start by looking at the features of a private group. Maybe create a new group and share instructions/workouts through forum posts?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Hi, also a new user ( former coolrunning user). I'm a private running coach and want to set workouts a week at a time for my clients with them in-putting info for me to review. What's the best way to do that.
              Currently, there isn't a "good" way to do it (you could do groups as mentioned) - Eric is currently working on an update to the site that will include GPS device importing and the ability to schedule future workouts. Not sure if that step will include being able to have others schedule workouts, but he could certainly add that as a new feature if the first version is personal only. A nice extension would be to have a series of workout schedules available as part of a group that users could then "subscribe" to to put those workouts into their own schedules. That would work well for coaches.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Go to Options->My Log Preferences. Choose Allow anyone with this password to view my log: and enter a password. Then only people you give the password to can see your log.
                So I've done that. Where does my coach go to access the opportunity to view my log with the password I've created?
                  Never mind. Combine roots post with Bonkin's post and you have the answer. 1. Go to Options->My Log Preferences. Choose Allow anyone with this password to view my log: and enter a password. Then only people you give the password to can see your log. 2. Copy the URL at the top of your browser when you are logged into your account and your log is being displayed and send that to him/her. 3. When they paste that URL into their browser, they will be prompted to enter the password you created in step #1 to be able to view your log.