Garmin Upload Question (Read 295 times)

Mike2921

Hello,

I have 2 years of data from my garmin 305 on my local hard drive in the *.tcx format.

I have not been uploading it to Garmin Connect due "communicator plugin" issue.

Is it possible to upload the *.tcx file directly to Running Ahead, or will the data need to be on Garmin Connect first?

Thanks...

day after day sameness

RunningAhead will directly import the TCX file. Training Log -> Upload GPS Data -> Upload from file.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Mike2921

Thanks for your reply.

When I try to upload using that method, I get the following error.

Unknown error

An unknown error has occurred. The site administrator has been notified.
        OK

day after day sameness

It's a commonly used function of the site, surprised to hear you're getting an error. I just uploaded a TCX file as a test with no issues. Are you ZIP'ing the file first?

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

MIke2921,

I have not received the error report from the server pertaining to your upload.  Could you send me the file to support@runningahead.com so I can take a look?

eric Smile

Mike2921

Thanks Eric...

I will send it now.

I have tried two different files.

One of them was a zipped "history.tcx file", and the other was a zipped "tcdatabasebackup.tcx" file.

I will e-mail the history file to you.

I didn't know which one was appropriate.

Thanks,

MWD

Mike2921

I tried again tonight.
                It still didn't work.  Sad

Any ideas?

Thanks,

MWD

day after day sameness

Mike - I was waiting for Eric to reply, because I don't have access to Garmin Training Center (GTC). But those files you've listed are the master GTC data files -- and the RA importer expects you to have a TCX file for each workout. I don't believe it wants to consume those master files.

Mike2921

Hello,

I would like to thank Eric for helping me get my Garmin data uploaded.

Also, I really love the site, especially the customizable reports.

Running Ahead is Awesome.

<MilkTrucK>
                    Running Ahead can accept Garmin Workout files.
                    The data that Eric helped me upload included more than two years of workouts.

Best regards,

MWD