Garmin Upload Question (Read 297 times)

Mike2921

Hello,

I have 2 years of data from my garmin 305 on my local hard drive in the *.tcx format.

I have not been uploading it to Garmin Connect due "communicator plugin" issue.

Is it possible to upload the *.tcx file directly to Running Ahead, or will the data need to be on Garmin Connect first?

Thanks...

an amazing likeness

RunningAhead will directly import the TCX file. Training Log -> Upload GPS Data -> Upload from file.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mike2921

Thanks for your reply.

When I try to upload using that method, I get the following error.

Unknown error

An unknown error has occurred. The site administrator has been notified.
        OK

an amazing likeness

It's a commonly used function of the site, surprised to hear you're getting an error. I just uploaded a TCX file as a test with no issues. Are you ZIP'ing the file first?

eric :)

MIke2921,

I have not received the error report from the server pertaining to your upload.  Could you send me the file to support@runningahead.com so I can take a look?

eric Smile

Mike2921

Thanks Eric...

I will send it now.

I have tried two different files.

One of them was a zipped "history.tcx file", and the other was a zipped "tcdatabasebackup.tcx" file.

I will e-mail the history file to you.

I didn't know which one was appropriate.

Thanks,

MWD

Mike2921

I tried again tonight.
                It still didn't work.  Sad

Any ideas?

Thanks,

MWD

an amazing likeness

Mike - I was waiting for Eric to reply, because I don't have access to Garmin Training Center (GTC). But those files you've listed are the master GTC data files -- and the RA importer expects you to have a TCX file for each workout. I don't believe it wants to consume those master files.

Mike2921

Hello,

I would like to thank Eric for helping me get my Garmin data uploaded.

Also, I really love the site, especially the customizable reports.

Running Ahead is Awesome.

<MilkTrucK>
                    Running Ahead can accept Garmin Workout files.
                    The data that Eric helped me upload included more than two years of workouts.

Best regards,

MWD