Food Log (Read 685 times)

Koruja

First off, great job on this site. You have really, really done a good job. I had no idea that someone had managed to put something together like this, and I'm happy the guys at RW mentioned you (in a forum that is). I am a novice runner (just over a year now), but one of the things thats always been pushed by other runners and athletes I've met along the way is how important a food journal is so that you can keep track of the correlation between your daily intake and your performance and training. So you can see what you are doing right and what you may be doing wrong. And my being overweight to start with makes it even more important to watch whats going on. The Point: I just think it would be really cool if you added a section for a Daily Food log/entry. Nothing fancy, just enough space to enter what you've consumed, the calories it's worth and a subtotal at the bottom. Maybe a notes section you can add anything special about the day. I know that there are plenty of these already on the web, but all of them are mediocre at best when recording exercise. They're meant for dieters, not athletes (you know how it is, they include calories burned by having a business meeting and washing dishes). And I think it would be cool to have the too pulled together. With the emphasis still on Running. Again, I'm only interested in recording what I've consumed, I could care less about the complex calculations other sites produce. (I've got my own calculator, and I CAN add). So far I've been using the Health Note section for this and it works ok for now. Thanks for all your attention and detail to the site... Smile
    eric :)

Cute avatar. Is it me, or does this site have a lot of cat lovers? Smile Other users have requested a food journal a while back. It's something that I want to get to eventually, but right now, I don't have the man power to do it yet. eric Smile
      Koruja

You know I did go looking back through the posts in this section, I was sure that somebody had to of hit this question before me. Anyway... guess I'll just HAVE to survive without one... for now Smile I do wish the kitty was mine, but I stole the pic from some long forgotten place. Anyway, thanks for all the work you've done so far. I'm sure when you get around to it, I'll be more than happy with the Food Log you come up with.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Cute avatar. Is it me, or does this site have a lot of cat lovers? Smile
          And what's wrong with that? Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

And what's wrong with that? Big grin
            Nothing's wrong with that. Maybe the cat lovers are more passionate about their pets.