Yurbuds -- buyer beware! (Read 211 times)

I never had good luck with keeping the Yurbuds in my ears.  They even sent me more sizes of the buds, and nothing really worked.  I can use the ones that have the ear hook, but as a poster said above, the plastic covers come off easily. Not a great product, in my opinion.   I do better with the SkullCandy earphones.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

They work OK for me. Not perfect, but better than most. When I first got them I would wear them so that the cord went down my back instead of in front down my chest. I found that this tended to pull them out of the "locked" position and they would fall out. With the cord in the front running down my chest it's less of a problem.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

the cord

How about trying wireless? I have Jaybird Bluebuds and have had nary a problem with the same pair for over a year. Hooks over the ear, great fit, great sound.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

How about trying wireless? I have Jaybird Bluebuds and have had nary a problem with the same pair for over a year. Hooks over the ear, great fit, great sound.

I currently use an old iPod Nano, so wireless isn't an option. At some point I'll have to replace it and a small mp3 player with bluetooth would be a nice replacement. I don't like to use my phone because it's bigger than I want to carry and for fear of destroying a $500+ device.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Cool Jump Suit

I just tried wireless JBL's, but they blew up after my 3rd run with them.  Sweat resistant does not equal sweat proof. Luckily Best Buy gave me no issues taking them back as it was within one week of purchase.   I am on my second pair of Yurbuds..... on my first pair one side got a loose connection and/or sweat seepage and it was done. My 2nd pair are still ok (knock on wood), but I don't use them that often.  Mostly now I just use some hard-wired JBL's.  But I am thinking about trying a different wireless brand.

So bittersweet,
            This tragedy
            Won't ask for absolution;
            This melody,
            Inside of me,
            Still searches for solution.
            A twist of faith,
            A change of heart
            Cures my infatuation.
            A broken heart, 
            Provides the spark
            For my determination.

Hip Redux

I only use headphones when I'm running on my Very Loud treadmill, so I'm trying to block out the noise.

Yurbuds (at least some of their designs, including the ones I have) were made to specifically allow more ambient noise so that you can still hear cars, etc.    From the website: Inspire® 100 allows ambient sound to ensure you hear everything you need to stay safe.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

And they attain this highly desirable functionality via exceptionally poor fit. 

Liz

pace sera, sera

Hip Redux

And they attain this highly desirable functionality via exceptionally poor fit. 

Heh lol   They are the only earbuds I've been able to find that fit, so I don't know what that says about how screwy my ears are :P

runmichigan

YurBuds work great for me.  They remain comfortable for a three hour run on the treadmill.  I do not wear them outdoors.  You have to find what works best for you.  For example the headphones that come with the IPod just do not work for me.

I usually get mine at Radio Shack, paid the 7$ warranty, my last 2 pairs cost me only 7$ , since I just keep replacing them under warranty.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Mine accidentally went through the wash and survived. For that reason is definitely say they're pretty durable haha

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to