Running with Glasses (Read 292 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That is "Running with my good scissors". I got around this by only running with the bad scissors. Not sure what constitutes bad scissors or why we kept them if they were indeed bad, but hey...

I don't know about you people, but hey, if you want to be seen with bad scissors, that's your choice.  As for me, sure the designer scissors cost a little more, but they make you look better and you feel better about yourself.  You're worth it!

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

So I tried to order a pair of Oakley sunglasses - sturdy, sporty plastic frame - with clear or transition lenses. However, they couldn't do it. My prescription is just too strong. Then, on some other similar sunglass frames, they only made tinted lenses, not clear or transition lenses.

I want a plastic frame that wont rust under the flood of my sweat, and I want something that looks like "typical" sporty sunglasses, and I want clear and/or transition lenses because I do much of my running before the sun rises, when prescription sunglasses wouldn't be a good idea. Clearly I'm asking for too much.

I finally ordered a pair of Oakley frames that are less "sporty" (and frankly a bit more "hipster" than I care for) but which are plastic, can handle my Rx, and can take transition lenses. They should work. I hope.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I tried to order a pair of Oakley sunglasses - sturdy, sporty plastic frame - with clear or transition lenses. However, they couldn't do it. My prescription is just too strong. Then, on some other similar sunglass frames, they only made tinted lenses, not clear or transition lenses.

I want a plastic frame that wont rust under the flood of my sweat, and I want something that looks like "typical" sporty sunglasses, and I want clear and/or transition lenses because I do much of my running before the sun rises, when prescription sunglasses wouldn't be a good idea. Clearly I'm asking for too much.

I finally ordered a pair of Oakley frames that are less "sporty" (and frankly a bit more "hipster" than I care for) but which are plastic, can handle my Rx, and can take transition lenses. They should work. I hope.

I highly recommend SportRx.com.  You plug in your script and then can view frames that will work with your script...and they have endless lens options/packages -- and a huge selection.  I'm very pleased with their stock photochromics.  They get VERY dark and lighten to nearly clear.  My only gripe is they are pretty slow to lighten.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Fruchtenstein

My myopia is too strong to walk without glasses. I have two regular glasses, -6 and -7 diopters and Salice running glasses with -6 lenses. I used to run in the sports glasses only, because the everyday ones are always falling off my nose while running. But now, while it's not too hot, I wear a bandana that helps keep them in place, so I can leave the running glasses at home. They are already falling apart, so, while possible, I'll try to run without them Smile And, perhaps, it's time to buy new ones. It's good you've reminded me of them...