Rockenmama's 2007 Philadelphia Marathon report (Read 979 times)

Awesome job Pam! You are one rocken runner. 3 marathons in 3 months is outstanding!! Not to mention your improvement each time - PR after PR after PR!! You're my hero!!
    awwwww shucks Blush Thanks Sara!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Let me know...I may do it with you or at least somewhere behind you. Humpy's in Anchorage sounds good and we have ea really small one here in Juneau in August. Then there is a tough challenging one in Fairbanks in September I think or end of August (mostly trails)
      It may just be a dream, but it would be a dream I'd like to do in the next few years!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice, Pam! I didn't even know you were doing this. Sheesh! Two marathons in one year about killed me. Three in three months is insane. I mean that in the very best way, of course.
        Thanks Jeff! BTW tell me something I don't know lol. I mean I found myself yesterday wanting to do another marathon within the next month Shocked I'm DEFINETLY insane. It's all Trent and Lynn's fault Wink

It's all Trent and Lynn's fault Wink
          Yes. Those two are trouble makers.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

mikeymike

Congrats Pam. You've had an awesome three months.

Runners run

A most impressive performance Pam. You ran strong right through til the end .... hardly no fade. Fantastic race.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Way to go Pam. I've been wondering about Philly for next year. You've given me a few things to think about.
                bas

Incredible! I will be consider myself lucky if I can run three marathons in three *years*! And the same goes for equaling your finishing time for this "bad" race... bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Thanks Mike!! Thanks Ray!! Wish I felt it was a strong race. My pace may not of gotten a whole lot slower, but I definetly felt like I faded alot. I'm definetly happy with the results though! Thanks Dave!! As for Philly. It seems to work for some people so who knows. If you get motivated by passing people then Philly may work for you! Thanks Bas!! Ya know after doing my first marathon in 2005, I told myself I was NEVER doing another one lol.

Another Passion

Ya know after doing my first marathon in 2005, I told myself I was NEVER doing another one lol.
                      Hence the saying, "Never say never." I said I would NEVER run a marathon. Tight lipped

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Gaby

wake me up!

Congrats PAM! I am so proud of you ! You have to tell me your secret! I am jealous about your avatar! I want one of those
                          Pam you are a ROCKSTAR!
                          2009: BQ?
                            Thanks Gaby, no real secret. Just alot of consitant training and ALOT of miles! Somehow I don't feel like one, Tricia but THANKS!!! Was just checking out the differance between My very first marathon (Philly) and the second time I did Philly. I took 2006 off from doing any Marathons (actually had swore off marathons after my Philly the first time) Date: 11/20/2005 8:00 AM Type: Race Course: Philadelphia Marathon Distance: 26.2 miles Duration: 4:40:14 Pace: 10:42 / mile Shoe: Unknown Unknown Weight: 130 lb Field Placement: 4708 / 5887 (80%) Age group: 34 – 39 Group Placement: 246 / 344 (71.5%) Gender Placement: 1494 / 2063 (72.4%) Date: 11/18/2007 Type: Race Course: random route Distance: 26.67 miles Duration: 4:01:42 Pace: 9:04 / mile Shoe: ASICS GT-2120 Weight: 118.4 lb Misc: Quality: 4/10, Effort: 8/10 Field Placement: 3244 / 6668 (48.7%) Age group: 34 – 39 Group Placement: 168 / 430 (39.1%) Gender Placement: 963 / 2722 (35.4%)