Obama won.. (Read 1497 times)

xor

Gerrymandering.

He played The Beaver.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Let's bring this back to politics... (no winkie smiley face here...)  <-- Why did you put a drooling frownie in your post?

Another interesting thing regarding The Wizard of Oz is that there are a lot of references to the political spectrum of the late 1890s...

Wink

MoBramExam

Gerrymandering.

Walter Mondale's running mate in 1984.

.... However, what I do hear from both sides is "raise revenue, raise revenue."  Goddammit, quit spending then get back to us!

Yep!

Quit spending our money!

And....

The solution to the 'fiscal cliff' is the problem itself. 

- Republicans are fighting for keeping the taxes rates controlled and saying that it'll lead to more revenue

- Democrats are fighting for the ability to keep the spending programs

There will be an agreement at the 11th hour that'll sound great, but (in the long run) we'll be more screwed than we are now.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Prince of Fatness

Meh. 

+1.

I concede.  Yes, this is all Bush's fault.  I am sure that Obama will be able to right the ship as long as the big red monster does not interfere with progress.  I got it now, so I will bow out of this thread.

Thank you.

Not at it at all. 

Why is it sideways?

Whatever floats your boat.

L Train

I'll say this - the stock market is certainly applauding the election results.  I suppose we could argue whether this is a good thing or a bad thing or neither, but I'd certainly rather see a positive business environment rather than a negative one. 

I had to look up "cloture".

As did I.

What I found interesting is this quote:

"Traditionally the number of cloture motions has been the guide as to how many filibusters there were. The thing is that cloture's are now being used as a tool to stop debate altogether"

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

the stock market is certainly applauding the election results. 

I apologize in advance since I think my sarcasm meter may be broken, but isn't the Dow in the dumper since election?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

L Train

I apologize in advance since I think my sarcasm meter may be broken.

Confirmed.

MoBramExam

It is possible the current stock market sell off correlates with the scheduled increase in capital gains taxes in 2013.  The system is flush with money right now as it is, and there is not too many other places for it to go once it is removed.  Look for it to be reinvested right back into the market.

Why is it sideways?

It is possible the current stock market sell off correlates with the scheduled increase in capital gains taxes in 2013.  The system is flush with money right now as it is, and there is not too many other places for it to go once it is removed.  Look for it to be reinvested right back into the market.

Yep. Good time to buy.

Also, not that it means jack:

Yep. Good time to buy.

Also, not that it means jack:

Haha.

Life Goals:

Why is it sideways?

?

Sorry, I don't think I've read from many people that its a good time to buy. It was more of a chuckle, as I assume you we're kidding.

Life Goals: