Gross - but does anyone link running with acne? (Read 404 times)

I am mostly asking for myself but also for my 15 year old son. I have found that now I am running longer distances my face thinks I am teenager again!!! Nothing major, but it is simply annoying. My son enjoys running from time to time but now he worries about what I have said being true and doesn't want to add to his acne. Has anyone else had a similiar experience?

Michelle

malcolmanderson2

Hey there! I completely understand what you're going through. Dealing with cystic acne, especially as an adult who's found a love for running, can be incredibly frustrating. It's like your face decides to rewind the clock to teenage years right when you're trying to focus on your fitness goals.

I can see why your son might be feeling hesitant about hitting the trails, especially if he's worried about exacerbating his cystic acne. It's tough when something you enjoy comes with potential skin issues.

From what I've heard and read, maintaining a consistent skincare routine tailored to cystic acne can be key. Using gentle, non-comedogenic products before and after your run to keep pores clear and minimize irritation might help. And investing in moisture-wicking clothing could also make a difference in reducing sweat buildup, which can aggravate cystic acne.

Of course, everyone's skin is unique, so it might be worth considering a consultation with a dermatologist for personalized advice. Hang in there, and hopefully, both you and your son can find a balance that allows you to enjoy running without the added stress of cystic acne flare-ups!