Any georunner out there? (Read 90 times)

I started running 7 years ago, and I'm doing around 2000 miles/year since then. Last summer, almost by accident, I learnt about geocaching, and since then I've become a "georunner". It's pretty cool, there is a certain motivation of, instead of doing the same tour again and again, trying to go for a cache here and there. Of course I just go for easy ones. The idea is not to waste, let's say, 30 min of my running time trying to find a nano.

I just wonder if there are other geocachers/georunners in this community. If you are one of them:

- Does your family think you are twice crazy, first because of the running and then because of the caching?

- Which kind of geocaching devices do you use? I'm kind of Robocop, a Garmin wrist watch, an iPod Nano for the music and an iPhone for the GPS

Just curious

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

NHLA

I have a friend who is really into geo.   He uses a garmin e-trex.  He searches out the hardest ones to find.

I think anything that makes running more fun is great.

I love to geocache.  I usually don't mix running in though.

I have a Garmin Dakota 20 that I use.  Yes, people look at me like I am crazy and most don't understand the point of it.

I love to geocache.  I usually don't mix running in though.

I have a Garmin Dakota 20 that I use.  Yes, people look at me like I am crazy and most don't understand the point of it.

I don't geocache much lately.  Something my wife and I did together, and with family responsibilities just haven't had the time for a couple years.  Might have time again this summer.  Wife also doesn't run, so I doubt the two will often converge, though I could see us geocaching somewhere followed by me disappearing for a run while she played with her camera.