view log options (Read 854 times)

FastTalkingFatty

Is there a way to make only certain parts of my running log public? I understand that sharing is important but I feel odd showing everyone everything - seriously some parts of my log read like a diary although most of it is "slow but felt good to be out there" type entries. Cheers

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

eric :)

FastTalkingFatty, The log does not provide such a fine grain of control. It's not too hard to add but I would need more information from you. Do you want to hide the notes section only, or do you need to keep other data such as mileage, routes, etc secret as well? eric :-)
      FastTalkingFatty

Hi Eric, I was thinking about keeping the notes private (I already found out how to make the routes private). I suppose it isn't such a big deal. I'll continue mulling the private/public decision. Thanks for your reply. Cheers, M

eric :)

If it's just notes, I can do that quite easily... I just checked my request list and this is on it. I've changed its priority and it will be included in the next release. Quick question, would an all or nothing approach work for you? That is, I'm thinking about adding just a check box like the routes. If it's checked, then the notes will be hidden from everyone else. Having both a public and private form makes the page more cumbersome.
          FastTalkingFatty

Thanks Eric, sure an all or nothing approach would work fine, Cheers.

JakeKnight

And now, of course, hundreds of people are wondering what might be in your notes. Must be good and juicy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

FastTalkingFatty

Well, there was the recurrent fight between myself and mile three a fews years back.... or the months that I tried to sum up my feelings using only one word (gets weird when the dictionary came out). Last year I allowed my sister access to my log while we were training for a half marathon and she was scandalized and mentioned something about therapy for one of us. I didn't ask who needed it.

Make your notes public. I know you want to. Big grin

Amy

I'm in the same boat as FastTalkingFatty in that my log is private mainly because my notes frequently take on the feel of a journal. For me, the check box option would be perfect. I also wouldn't mind being able to make the route names private since I name mine by the street names they follow (and would prefer that not everyone have access to that). Of course, if that makes it too complicated I would just change my route names before making my log public. MTA: I decided to go ahead and change my map names to shorter, descriptive terms and actually have found I can remember them better. So, forget I ever said anything about map name privacy.
                      Hey, I was about to post a request for just this feature, but I searched first. Smile Just a bump to say that I'm interested in additional log privacy too. I'd like to hide notes and course names, since I use street names and it would be pretty trivial to figure out where I run and when, and that's a little creepy. In fact, it would be simplest if I could just allow people to see my calendar and summary displays. That's enough to give advice, but not enough to stalk me or anything. Smile