The earworm thread (Read 417 times)

xor

Post your earworms here.

I will start with the General Cinema theme song.

Actually, that's a collection of the various GC songs before they went broke.  The first couple are the earwigs... I guarantee you that 12 year old boys and girls ANNOYED THE SHIT OUT OF THEIR PARENTS every Saturday evening after coming home from the movies.

Until 1982, when they redid their theme, completely missing the damn point.

Anyway, 37 years after hearing that jingle for the first time, I still find myself humming it or drumming it some days.  Annoying the shit out of my parents.

Post yours!

More recently, it's "I like to move it, move it!" from Madagascar, I think? The kids in my daycare were constantly singing that one line over and over. I finally had to outlaw it.

xor

I still think it is weird when an 8 year old will bust into I... LIKE... BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!!

(I was told I have Spongebob to thank for this, I think?)

Well, kids like saying 'butt'.

Mr MattM

There's just too many... but this one comes to mind... Clicky!

be curious; not judgmental

Just B.S.

Here's one for you.........after watching the movie last night for apporimately the 87th time

I keep singing this........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRo0NlLYvwE

You are welcome. Merry Christmas.

Walk-Jogger

My younger grandkids really like this one...

Retired &  Loving It

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Ukrainian Bell Carol.

And most of this Hawai'ian stuff you've got me listening to.

As far as pop tunes...hate to admit it, but "Gangnam Style" is sticking with me.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

The miscreants song from a Mr. Magoos' Christmas Carol is always a hit this time of year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJBU95pVmw

Cheers.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

Post your earworms here.

I will start with the General Cinema theme song.

Actually, that's a collection of the various GC songs before they went broke.  The first couple are the earwigs... I guarantee you that 12 year old boys and girls ANNOYED THE SHIT OUT OF THEIR PARENTS every Saturday evening after coming home from the movies.

Until 1982, when they redid their theme, completely missing the damn point.

Anyway, 37 years after hearing that jingle for the first time, I still find myself humming it or drumming it some days.  Annoying the shit out of my parents.

Post yours!

Wow. That 1977 version is stuck in my head to this day. Good call. Of COURSE it's on YouTube....

xor

Six minutes worth of different THX sound intros.

You won't get those six minutes back, but it is kind of fun.  I'd never heard about half of them.

PLUG IN YOUR REAL SPEAKERS AND TURN IT UP LOUD.

(yeah yeah, not really earworms per se.  But a damn cool noise.)

zfish

King Rake

Jesus is my friend

You'll want to shoot yourself by the end of the day if you listen...true story. (Do it anyway)