Are you a running bore? (Read 234 times)

kk_kittenkat

I can talk about running for hours, but I only do that with people from my running club or on forums. I actually think that it's a boring subject for people who don't run (or I get that impression).

Thoughts?

Evolving body parts

I agree. I did an ultra relay recently and one of my coworkers was on the team. In the weeks leading up to race day, we were obviously excited and talked a lot of runners lingo. It got really awkard when others were around and in the end I often had to walk away to give them a break Smile

So yes, it's just like any other subculture.

exactly... when my biking-only friends talk about biking, I doze off. I may as well be at an accounting convention.

kk_kittenkat

I agree. I did an ultra relay recently and one of my coworkers was on the team. In the weeks leading up to race day, we were obviously excited and talked a lot of runners lingo. It got really awkard when others were around and in the end I often had to walk away to give them a break Smile

However, once I mention the London marathon (which I do every year because I qualify for GFA or a UK Championship place), suddenly everyone is interested. It's like the cannon fodder prick your ears up for non runners. Bit like Boston over with you guys I guess?

#artbydmcbride

sleep

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

An NYRR t-shirt.

kk_kittenkat

sleep

This is actually getting really nasty. I've come out of your 'precious' group and haven't bothered any of you at all. I'm posting somewhere else and enjoying the positive interaction and good conversation here.

Yet you follow me around the Internet now... ? With the purpose of achieving what?

AutBatgirl

This is actually getting really nasty. I've come out of your 'prescious' group and haven't bothered any of you at all. I'm posting somewhere else and enjoying the positive interaction and good conversation here.

Yet you follow me around the Internet now... ? With the purpose of achieving what?

Yes, it's been 2 whole days since you posted something nasty in L&O. And you've been told by the owner of RunningAhead that you are not welcome on this entire site. No one is following you around the internet. There are lots of other places you could be.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

kk_kittenkat

Yes, it's been 2 whole days since you posted something nasty in L&O. And you've been told by the owner of RunningAhead that you are not welcome on this entire site. No one is following you around the internet. There are lots of other places you could be.

I haven't posted in there in the last 2 days. Please stop doing this. Just stop. It's not me, if someone else is pretending to be me then it's not my problem. An IP trace can sort that, please leave me alone.

kk_kittenkat

I actually haven't posted in there for days, it's dead. I am absolutely not going to take the fall for people impersonating me. Are you really that bored or devoid of entertainment? I've left the group and am quite enjoying being on the main forums. Join in or go away.

rlopez

FWIW, ilene has been posting in the GSP here and in coolrunning before that for 10ish years. Back when we were all young and idealistic. And back when you were doing the same bipolar-esque posting thing on RWOL's L&O and other places that you THEN proceeded to do in RA L&O which is here, partly, because I recruited. And for which some days, I feel badly about that.  I lost a real life friend over that, which is rather bizarre.  I'm glad the GSP is experiencing a normal phase and I hope it continues.

"Following you around the internet" is hyperbole at best.  It's the main area of the board you terrorized where Mrs Forward has been since, I dunno, at least 2007.

I shall go back to sleep now.  I am a Internet History bore.

Hi batgirl.  Hi catgirl.

Hello wrigleygirl.

#artbydmcbride

Hi Stevie Ray!  I am now less bored! 

Runners run

Joann Y

Hasay is passe', everyone knows who she is now, so how about Elise Cranny?

Ben Saarel?

Meanwhile, gotta get me some popcorn. But then again, the popper is broken.

an amazing likeness

I can talk about running for hours, but I only do that with people from my running club or on forums. I actually think that it's a boring subject for people who don't run (or I get that impression).

Thoughts?

Well, you're sure boring us with your constant questions in the General Running forum. Do you have a running topic?  If not, there's Off The Beaten path.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.